1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

h23 signal tone

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Installation/MDU Discussion' started by rich67, Aug 22, 2010.

1. rich67

rich67 Mentor

Mar 11, 2009
    When I try to peak my dish using the signal meter in the H23, there is no signal tone or beep. Some of the boxes Ive had previously had a audible tone when tuned to the signal meter. Does this box have no audible tone? Or is there some hidden way to activate the tone? Thanks

2. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
    I have been told that it is a feature that has been left out of the software on all the HD units. Why, I do not have a clue.

3. BattleZone

BattleZone Hall Of Fame

Nov 13, 2007
    It's because they don't want TECHS trying to aim dishes without a real satellite meter (and for good reason).

4. CCarncross

CCarncross Hall Of Fame

Jul 19, 2005
    Jackson
    I dont believe the stb's have had signal tones for quite awhile now..I havent had one since the old RCA DRD and Sony AT/BT models, which go all the way back to 1997.

5. rich67

rich67 Mentor

Mar 11, 2009
    thanks to you all

6. Ernie Bornn-Gilman

Ernie Bornn-Gilman New Member

Feb 20, 2008
    My HR10-250 TiVo has tones....

7. Blaze

Blaze Legend

Jun 9, 2010

What a excuse, i setup my satellite up by the tone my Signal is 98%.

No HD here yet!!!!!!!:)

8. CCarncross

CCarncross Hall Of Fame

Jul 19, 2005
    Jackson
    There is almost no way you could do that with a 3 or 5LNB sat, meaning it may be ok for crappy SD, but it wont work for HD.

9. joe diamond

joe diamond Hall Of Fame

Feb 28, 2007
    Uh.....actually you can,

I agree that the Sat Buddy & Birdog give superior results in the hands of almost anyone. But keeping the six or so hundred bucks in my pocket rather than subsidizing the Directv installation effort makes more sense.

IF you use a little more care than the average HSP tech when setting up the mast and dish you can first hit the 101 and then adjust the 103 & 99 to mid 90 signals.

You find the 101 with an old Hughes SD HBH that will scream from wherever you set it............connect the new HD box to the pretty darn close Slimline and tweak up the 103 by a little poosh west (about two degrees).

Twist and Shout ain't dead yet.

Joe