1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

H24-100 problems with RF remote

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by riprecked, Aug 25, 2010.

1. riprecked

riprecked Mentor

Oct 11, 2009
    I am trying to make my H24-100 work with an RF remote. I originally tried it with a RC64R and that didn't work. Tonight I tried it with a RC65RX and still no dice.

I must be doing something wrong.

Steps:

Set H24-100 to RF
    Press mute and select at the same time until two flashes
    Enter 961 then press channel up
    Enter 5 digit code then press select

After those steps the remote and H24-100 no longer talk to each other. I have to reset the RC65RX back to IR by:

Press mute and select at the same time until two flashes
    Enter 961 then press channel down

What am I missing?

2. Edmund

Edmund Remote Master

Apr 17, 2003
    Southern Ca
    Its the last 6 digits of RID #, not a 5 digit code.

If you only have to turn off the RF on the remote to get it to communicate with receiver, then the receiver has never been in RF mode yet.

3. riprecked

riprecked Mentor

Oct 11, 2009
    Sorry, typo. I am entering a 6 digit number.

The remote was originally in IR mode and I used it to turn the H24 into RF mode, then went through the reprogramming steps (which didn't work).

4. mcbeevee

mcbeevee 97% Complete

Sep 18, 2006
    Are you setting up the DTV button or AV1 button? On my "X" remotes, I had to reset the signal type for AV1 to satellite (see below) before the RF setup would work.

1. slider at top to av1
    2. press and hold MUTE & SELECT for two blinks
    3. enter 9 9 1
    4. enter 0 (satellite)
    5. press SELECT button

:)

5. kxaz145

kxaz145 New Member

May 1, 2008
    Not sure if this is your issue, too? I set up an RF remote last weekend and was not able to click <select> on Done (last step). Tried another remote with the same result. Doh! Then I remembered that I hadn't installed the little short antenna in the Antenna In jack. After I plugged it in the setup went fine ans RF remote is working through walls.

JimB

6. mitchflorida

mitchflorida Godfather

May 18, 2009

I am pretty sure you don't need an antenna for the RF to work well. Especially when you are standing right in front of it to program the RF.

Best bet is to go to the Menu and Setup, Remote Control. Follow the on-screen instructions. A remote control reset should be done first.

7. riprecked

riprecked Mentor

Oct 11, 2009
    Tried this and it didn't fix it.

Note to another poster, the H24-100 does not have an antenna jack on it, so that doesn't look like the issue either.

I have a second H24-100 in another room, so it may be time to try the same thing on it to see if this receiver has a problem.

I really didn't expect this to be so hard.

8. Edmund

Edmund Remote Master

Apr 17, 2003
    Southern Ca
    When it fails to work, and you have to get it back into IR mode, do you use front panel keys on the receiver each time?

9. riprecked

riprecked Mentor

Oct 11, 2009
    Yes

10. mcbeevee

mcbeevee 97% Complete

Sep 18, 2006
    Does the remote have a "FCC ID" sticker on the back?

:)