1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

H24 trouble connecting to internet

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by corn4ahead, Sep 9, 2013.

1. corn4ahead

corn4ahead New Member

Sep 5, 2013
    I have an H24 and I keep getting an error when trying to connect to internet directly via Ethernet cable from a router. This is the error I get after typing in my IP address manually.

My IP addresses on the DTV receiver looks like this:
    IP address: 192.168.1.102 OK
    Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0 OK
    Default gateway: 192.168.1.1 OK
    DNS: 209.18.47.61 OK

Network: Coax Not Connected (9)
    Internet: Not Connected (9)
    Any help is appreciated.
    Thanks.

2. peds48

peds48 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    The H24 comes default set with the Ethernet port disabled. To enable it, connect the Ethernet cable to a router and do a red button (inside card door) reset of the DVR. That will activate the port.

MENU ➜ SETTINGS & HELP ➜ SETTINGS ➜ NETWORK SET UP ➜ RESTORE DEFAULTS ➜ CONNECT NOW ➜ GET CONNECTED