1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

H24 what's in the box

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by tsbrady1, May 20, 2010.

1. tsbrady1

tsbrady1 Legend

Jan 6, 2006
    I realize the H24 is not a DVR but I don't quite know where to correctly post this so I thought I would ask here, do you get an HDMI cable in the box for connection or do I need to buy one seperatly?

2. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    I don't recall mine coming with an HDMI cable. I would recommend picking one up at monoprice.com.

3. veryoldschool

veryoldschool Lifetime Achiever Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Dec 9, 2006
    I haven't seen a HDMI cable come in the box for a long time. The installer would add this to the install when needed.

4. barryb

barryb New Member

Aug 26, 2007
    As I recall there where was just your basic A/V (phono) cables in the box (remote, power cord and manual too).

5. HDTVsportsfan

HDTVsportsfan New Member

Nov 29, 2005
    I think they stopped providing the HDMI some time back.

6. ronkuba

ronkuba Legend

Feb 17, 2007
    The HR24's that I got from Solidsignal and Overstock both came with HDMI. In fact Overstock HR24 had 2 HDMI cables in it. One in the Directv box and one in the Overstock box. I would think the H24's would be the same.

7. Carl Spock

Carl Spock Superfly

Sep 3, 2004
    I'm going to have to wall mount one of these for a customer in a week or two. Are there brackets included in the box to do this or are there keyhole slots in its bottom? What do you do about the IR receiver? Is there one on the top for hanging or does it come with an external receiver?

8. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    Keyhole slots in the bottom. As far as IR, I think the receiver is sensitive enough that it works when wall-mounted.

9. ronkuba

ronkuba Legend

Feb 17, 2007
    No brackets or external IR receiver. You would use the RF control.

10. Carl Spock

Carl Spock Superfly

Sep 3, 2004
    I might need IR because the DirecTV remote might get replaced by a Harmony. If not, agreed, RF would be the best option.

If I do use a Harmony, a prism or a small mirror will solve my problem. The receiver will be visible, mounted low on the wall, under a window. It's the only place for it in this room.

11. barryb

barryb New Member

Aug 26, 2007
    A perfect solution.

12. Carl Spock

Carl Spock Superfly

Sep 3, 2004
    And did you know that DirecTV does not make a receiver that is wall mountable? Stupid me. Here I thought they came out with a new one that was. ;)

At least that is the opinion of the CSR my customer contacted. She set up a MRV/DECA install for tomorrow and asked specifically for a H24 because it is wall mountable. The CSR contradicted her. My customer does need two, new, compatible receivers. The installer will be bringing them out for the install. I hope one is a H24. If not, we'll do the Solid Signal routine.

13. tsbrady1

tsbrady1 Legend

Jan 6, 2006
    Thanks for the replies everybody!

14. rshelton

rshelton Cool Member

Sep 16, 2007
    I installed an H24 yesterday. There was an HDMI cable in the box.

15. RobertE

RobertE New Member

Jun 9, 2006
    It going to depend oni if its a retail package ie "HR24-500" or HSP package "HR24NC-500". Retail should have HDMI included, the HSP will not.

16. Rabushka

Rabushka Legend

Dec 21, 2007
    There is an HDMI cable, Component cable, Composite cable and and an instruction manual that describes an HR21