1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

H25-700

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by duck33, Mar 15, 2013.

1. duck33

duck33 Legend

Aug 28, 2007
    Has anyone else had issues with H25-700? Reason I ask: Just received mine a couple of days ago. At first, everything was working perfect. I plugged in the coax, and the power and boom, we had picture. I was able to activate the receiver with DirecTV, in little time.

Here's where the fun started. After activating I was watching the news and 15mins later the receiver just reboot itself. It did this 3 times in a row. So, I decided i'd unplug it and wait about 10mins. After waiting, now the box wont even power on. Nothing. I do see a green light in the back of the receiver (were the power code goes) but nothing else.

I was told by someone, these boxes have a over heating issue? Is this true?

First time in a long, long time I've had a problem. There going to send out a replacement so, will see what happens.

2. zman15

zman15 Cool Member

Apr 7, 2012
    The H-25 is a pretty good receiver we hardly ever have problems with them.

3. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    I don't see how they could have that sort of problem when the warmest part of the box is external. I have a -100, no issues at all, heat or otherwise.