1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

H2X: Does Changing Coax cables require a reboot to get MRV working?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Connected Home' started by RobertSeattle, Jun 7, 2010.

1. RobertSeattle

RobertSeattle Legend

Aug 27, 2006
    I have a H23 connected with several HR2x's and yesterday I swapped out it's coax cable (from my wall plug to the DECA) with one with better connectors and I noticed that after I connected the new cable, I had no MRV service (regular DirecTV service was fine). I had to reboot the H23 to get MRV back up. Is this normal? Is there a trick to get a H2x to get MRV back up after a cable swap without a reboot?

2. jasonki32

jasonki32 Godfather

Jan 29, 2008
    You shouldn't have to reboot. It takes a few minutes for the receiver to see the other receivers. So if you had waited a few moments it should have came up.

3. veryoldschool

veryoldschool Lifetime Achiever Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Dec 9, 2006
    Guess this might depend. If you're using DECA, then this can be affected.

4. RobertSeattle

RobertSeattle Legend

Aug 27, 2006
    Anyone know what the "rescan" interval is? Most of users will probably default to a reboot instead of being "patient". :)

5. bobnielsen

bobnielsen Éminence grise

Jun 29, 2006
    Bainbridge...
    I suspect it is shorter than the time it takes to reboot and download the guide info. If you have a static IP address (or DHCP with addresses reserved by MAC address) it could be there right away. I switched my HR21 from an ethernet connection to my router to using a DECA adapter and everything worked right away.