1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hairline crack in LNB...how to fix?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by luvdtv04, Dec 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. luvdtv04

luvdtv04 Legend

Aug 20, 2005
    While looking at my dish on the roof today, I noticed a hairline crack in one of the white LNB elements that goes from the center point straight to the bottom. Should I be concerned about this? Everything is obviously working fine, but I'm concerned about moisture getting inside the LNB element. Is there anything I can use to safely seal up the crack?

2. Wolffpack

Wolffpack Banned User

Jul 29, 2003
    Get it replaced. I had problems with one SAT going dead when the sun was out. Turned out there was a dent on the white plastic surface of one of the LNBs. Yes, the surface that faces the dish. Looked as if it had been struck by a rock, struck hard enough to dent it. Neither the installer nor I could figure out how a rock could even hit the LNB at that angle. But it needed to be replaced. For $5.99/mo the DTV protection plan is worth every cent and covers items like that.

3. boba

boba Hall Of Fame

May 23, 2003
    Try a little silicone on the plastic cove just a thin coat. That white plastic is just a cover to keep rain and dirt out of the real antenna which is behind that cover.

4. Wolffpack

Wolffpack Banned User

Jul 29, 2003
    Unfortunately a crack/dent in that cover can effect your reception.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.