1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Half of show works ??

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by georgewells, Feb 18, 2014.

1. georgewells

georgewells AllStar

Feb 23, 2006
    Hayden,Idaho
    We recorded a show on our HR34 and now on 2 occasions when we play it back it freezes on the commercial but the sound plays on ?? I try to correct it with the FF but all it does is finally go to the delete option.
    Other times the show records and works fine??

Other shows and movies we record work fine ??

2. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
    If you are using a surround sound system try going directly to the TV and bypassing this unit and see if that works.

If you are already hooked directly to the TV with an HDMI cable try a set of Component cables to see if the program plays.
    You could even try a set of composite cables to verify whether the program is all recorded or not. however, this will only play in SD resolution.

3. georgewells

georgewells AllStar

Feb 23, 2006
    Hayden,Idaho
    The same result with component cables ??

4. peds48

peds48 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    I don't think this has to do with cables, but it looks it has something to do with DirecTV local insert ads

5. jimmie57

jimmie57 Hall Of Fame

Jun 26, 2010
    Texas City, TX
    OK. I was thinking of an HDMI problem since you said the sound keeps going even tho the picture has stopped.
    You did not say if you are or not using an Audio Video Receiver. I will assume that you are going directly to the TV.

I do not have any other suggestions.

6. litzdog911

litzdog911 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jun 23, 2004
    Mill Creek, WA
    Have you tried resetting your HR34? (Red button behind front panel access card door)

7. prushing

prushing DIRECTV A-Team

Feb 14, 2007
    It's the bug of frozen video, there are several posts on it

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

8. georgewells

georgewells AllStar

Feb 23, 2006
    Hayden,Idaho
    I will try the reset the HR34 and see what happens - It mainly only happens on 1 NBC show not others! I moved the record of the series from the HR 34 to the HR24 in another room

so I will not know if the reset fixed it -- Maybe I should record on both DVR's to see if it's ok on one or a problem on both of them.