1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Half Price for Premium Channels

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by tommiet, Feb 12, 2013.

1. tommiet

tommiet Godfather

Dec 28, 2005
    To save money, I as going to remove my movie channels.
    When I made my selection and selected "check out" I was prompted to keep them for 1/2 price for 6 months.

You have nothing to lose trying it as you can cancel the transaction if you don't get the prompt!

2. Wilf

Wilf Legend

Oct 15, 2008
    At the end of the six months the price will double, and Dish is hoping you will forget.

3. dmspen

dmspen Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Dec 1, 2006
    Los Gatos,...
    At the end of 6 months they go back to regular price. I received a package in the mail saying that premium channels are 1/2 price for 6 months to on-going long time DISH customers.

4. joyandjerry

joyandjerry AllStar

Jul 3, 2012
    We have AEP (and have had it for nearly nine years) and got Cinemax for a year for a penny, and the other premiums half price. The rep told me to call back when the six mos. were up, and they would offer me something else.

If you don't ask, the answer is always no.

5. CeeWoo

CeeWoo Godfather

Dec 1, 2008
    I went into my account at mydish.com several months ago and set the preference to discontinue at the end of the offer. Offer ended a week or so ago and it discontinued just as expected. (I've since resubscribed at half price :) )

6. phrelin

phrelin Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jan 18, 2007
    Northern...
    This is why I think this Forum is the best!

Thanks for posting. It worked for me, assuming my next bill shows the credit.

And I did not get this offer in the mail.

7. domingos35

domingos35 Icon

Jan 11, 2006
    thats your fault if you forget

8. MadScientist

MadScientist Godfather

Nov 30, 2004
    It worked thanks! So if I had the AEP it then changed to the 250 is this right? I am guessing that after 6m it goes back to the AEP?

9. mike1977

mike1977 Legend

Aug 26, 2005
    I resubscribed too at half price for Cinemax. I got 6 months when I called at the time Dish and AMC were fighting. And a couple days ago it finally accepted another request for Cinemax.

10. mike1977

mike1977 Legend

Aug 26, 2005
    Offer for subscribing to the others (Starz and Sho) ends 17th. How have they been with snipes lately during movies and are they still showing promos during a movie's end credits?

11. John79605

John79605 Legend

Feb 9, 2007
    Showtime is very bad about interrupting closing credits. That was a pet peeve of mine for years; I dropped Sho in December.

12. Paul Secic

Paul Secic Hall Of Fame

Dec 16, 2003
    I allready have it. In September I'll drop STARZ to save money.

13. Paul Secic

Paul Secic Hall Of Fame

Dec 16, 2003
    I saw on a Dish insert. The next day I asked a DIRT and I got it!

14. CeeWoo

CeeWoo Godfather

Dec 1, 2008
    I've been subbing to one or another of the 1/2 price premiums (HBO/Sho/Starz/Blockbuster) for about 2 yrs or so now. Sometimes resubscribing to one when my 6 months ends, sometimes changing to one of the others (and a time or two getting a couple of them at once).

At this point, I don't know if I would sub to any of them at full price-that's just me though