1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Half-price premiums in February

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by BobaBird, Feb 7, 2012.

1. BobaBird

BobaBird EKB Editor

Mar 30, 2002
    I had to call Dish today to get Starz because it still wasn't in my guide the day after signing up on the web site. The CSR said he'd take care of it and do me one better by charging only half price. That wasn't showing on the web site.

The offer is: sign up for a premium movie package this month, get it for 1/2-price for the first 6 months. After that it continues at regular price.

2. riah

riah Cool Member

May 15, 2008
    Does this apply if you already signed up this month via the web site?

3. CeeWoo

CeeWoo Godfather

Dec 1, 2008
    Yep, I know this is an old thread-but

I subscribed as well (HBO)...and my sub ends tomorrow :(

I saw a commercial just a couple days ago for showtime at half price for 6 months. BUT-my wife is a big Game of Thrones fan and the new season starts in March. I wonder if I can get HBO again after it's removed from my programming. I have my preferences set on Dish.com to NOT continue HBO when my sub ends.

I know we won't subscribe at regular price for that one series, and we don't seem to watch a whole lot of HBO other than that

4. garys

garys Hall Of Fame

Nov 4, 2005
    You'll probably have to check with csr or DIRT member once HBO has been removed.

5. Mojo Jojo

Mojo Jojo Legend

Mar 14, 2012
    I am not sure if it is account specific, but I noticed a Get HBO for $8 link on our account when logging in. It probably will not show up for you now if you have HBO, but it might when you do not continue HBO.

6. Paul Secic

Paul Secic Hall Of Fame

Dec 16, 2003
    Where are all of the DIRTS? I want this deal.

7. CeeWoo

CeeWoo Godfather

Dec 1, 2008

Remember this thread is about 6 months old---but At least as of a few days ago, like I mentioned above, there was still a promo advertised for Showtime (it said to call in & mention the ad, but I know that the DIRT team has been able to add it to a customers programming). I know that a couple weeks ago, it was still being offered on Sho, or Starz, or Max, or HBO but I can't swear if that's still the case. The # of promos a person could subscribe to was subject to some (unknown to me) formula or some such thing LOL