1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hallelujah!! Replacement HR20 works!!

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by Bingo123, Jul 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bingo123

Bingo123 Mentor

Jul 6, 2007
    I just installed my replacement HR20-700 myself, and all is working perfectly! Thank god because this was going to be my last try at dealing with D* HD DVR.

I have it connected through composite cables...not HDMI. Maybe that made a difference.

All the transponder levels look good. Now I'll be fooling with settings the rest of the day.

2. GutBomb

GutBomb Godfather

Jun 17, 2004
    i'm assuming you mean component cables... because composite cables would look absolutely horrid.

3. tfederov

tfederov Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2005
    Good to know you got it fixed! If you still have issues in the future though, don't worry... you have local help. :)

4. Bingo123

Bingo123 Mentor

Jul 6, 2007
    Yes, you're right--I meant component. I got confused in all my excitement to see that this stuff actually works.

And Tony--thanks. I decided that if I was going to keep this equipment operating correctly, I'd have to learn how to deal with it myself. Thanks to this site, I've had a real crash course in Hi Def TV in the last 2 weeks.

5. hasan

hasan Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2006
    Ogden, IA
    Good for you! Enjoy, and please post your future results and questions...we're here to help.:)

6. Spanky_Partain

Spanky_Partain Active Member

Dec 7, 2006
    Yea, welcome to the site and good luck!

7. Vinny

Vinny New Member

Sep 1, 2006
    Long Island, NY
    I'm glad to see everything finally worked out for you; and as Hasan said; don't be a stranger here; we're all eager to help.

Welcome and enjoy!

Vinny

8. Bingo123

Bingo123 Mentor

Jul 6, 2007
    Okay, so here's the first of (I'm sure) a number of questions....

I'm looking at my local channels. Channel 11 in the Dallas area is CBS, station KTVT. So in the guide, it shows the following:

11 KTVT : Criminal Minds HD
    11 DL11: Criminal Minds

So which one is the high def channel? I thought it was the second one...but "Criminal Minds" TV show is showing in High Def on the first listed channel.

Confused! If the first channel is the High Def one, what does "DL" mean?

9. tfederov

tfederov Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2005
    No worries. I'm probably 30 minutes (Plano) from you if you need anything. I ended up doing honey-do stuff here instead. :)

10. RobertE

RobertE New Member

Jun 9, 2006

This is your HD local 11 KTVT : Criminal Minds HD
    This is your SD local 11 DL11: Criminal Minds
    The DL stand for Dallas. Here in Cleveland, our SD locals are SD3, SD5, etc.
    Normally, your HD locals will be the ones with the call letters. Hence KTVT.

11. Bingo123

Bingo123 Mentor

Jul 6, 2007
    Oh, okay. That explains it. I thought the DL stood for digital....something.
    Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.