1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Hallmark Movie Channel?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by ki4cgs, Mar 21, 2010.

1. ki4cgs

ki4cgs AllStar

Mar 9, 2004
    I didn't see this anywhere else...

Crown Media Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: CRWN), owner and operator of Hallmark Channel and Hallmark Movie Channel, today announced it has renewed its distribution agreement for Hallmark Channel with DIRECTV, Inc., for a multi-year term. DIRECTV currently distributes Hallmark Channel to nearly 15 million homes.

Additionally, DIRECTV will have the right to distribute the Standard Definition and High Definition versions of Hallmark Movie Channel.

"We are very happy to announce this renewal of our affiliation agreement with DIRECTV, the second-largest distributor of our programming and one of Crown Media's most important partners in contributing to our ability to provide quality family friendly programming," said Henry Schleiff, President and CEO, Crown Media Holdings, Inc.

Full Story:
    http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0EIN/is_2008_March_5/ai_n24363944/

2. Hoosier205

Hoosier205 New Member

Sep 3, 2007
    The date of the story: March 5, 2008

3. bixler

bixler Hall Of Fame

Oct 14, 2008
    PA
    :confused:

4. ki4cgs

ki4cgs AllStar

Mar 9, 2004
    Oh wow. I did not notice that at all! :)

Well since this is two years old where is Hallmark Movie Channel?

5. harsh

harsh Beware the Attack Basset

Jun 14, 2003
    Salem, OR
    Quite a few providers offer HMC in HD. In my area, Comcast and DISH Network offer it while Charter and DIRECTV do not.

6. Coca Cola Kid

Coca Cola Kid Hall Of Fame

Jul 19, 2009
    Mt. Morris, MI
    Probably on D12

7. Avder

Avder Hall Of Fame

Feb 6, 2010
    Dont feel bad. One time a search engine devoted to market news found a two year old article, posted it as new, and cut the stock price of the company the article referred to in half during that days trading.

Remember, whatever mistake you make, someone else has already made it, and made it more spectacularly.

8. skyviewmark1

skyviewmark1 Godfather

Sep 28, 2006
    On Dish Network. :)

9. Alan Gordon

Alan Gordon Chancellor

Jun 7, 2004
    Dawson, Georgia
    With the additional HBO/Cinemax channels! ;)

~Alan

10. ThomasM

ThomasM RF Engineer

Jul 20, 2007
    Milwaukee, WI
    What? Hallmark Movie Channel?

DirecTV add a new non-shopping/non-religious channel?

I hope I'm sitting down so I don't have a heart attack... :mad:

11. matt

matt New Member

Jan 11, 2010
    Don't forget pay channel! :lol:

12. Argee

Argee Legend

Oct 16, 2006
    I am amazed that they let the movies they have interfer with the commercials! I mean talk about a channel with commercial overload. I tried to watch something live but they came in every 8 minutes with a commercial break.
    Big zero from me.

13. Paul Secic

Paul Secic Hall Of Fame

Dec 16, 2003
    And you're paying extra for made for TV movies.

14. TANK

TANK Icon

Feb 16, 2003
    FLORIDA
    This is definitely a channel you need a dvr because of all those commercial breaks.

They also need to fix the low sound volume . But I have found a lot of movies to watch on this channel

15. Hoosier205

Hoosier205 New Member

Sep 3, 2007
    Many of the movies shown had theatrical releases and were not made for television.

Also, let's not forget all those 1080i channels you pay for with reduced resolution and that every channel you subscribe to comes via that lovely Dish Network compression scheme resulting in macroblocking, among other issues. In short, we are just fine over here. It would be best if you chose to mind your own business and continued to enjoy your second rate service via Dish Network. I hope that poor image quality doesn't cause permanent damage to your eyesight. Perhaps you and others can join in a class action lawsuit. I am sure they will fight that just has hard as their blatant patent infringement with TiVo. How long until you lose the use of that DVR?

16. hilmar2k

hilmar2k Hall Of Fame

Mar 18, 2007
    !rolling

17. goober22

goober22 Godfather

Sep 8, 2004
    Sunny...
    This month's billing insert had a notice that both Hallmark & HMM in HD were coming "soon".