1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hank gets yanked...

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by RunnerFL, Nov 11, 2009.

1. RunnerFL

RunnerFL Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2006
  2. Fontano

Fontano Godfather

Feb 7, 2008
    I yanked it two weeks ago, so glad I am not alone in my opinion of the show.

3. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    I must agree, this comes as no surprise.

4. Doug Brott

Doug Brott Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Jul 12, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Never heard of the show :lol: Guess I didn't miss anything.

5. Ric

Ric Godfather DBSTalk Gold Club

Apr 26, 2002
    watched 5-10 mins of premiere and yanked it immediately.

6. RunnerFL

Jan 4, 2006
    You know they're burning off episodes when they show their Thanksgiving episode right after halloween.

7. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    I think the show was miscast. I don't much care for Mr. David Koechner in most parts, although he was perfect in Thank You For Smoking. As for Mr. Grammer, he carries a lot of baggage from 20 years of Frasier Crane, and that's hard to avoid.

8. hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001 Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2004
    This regurgitation of other previous sitcoms had doom written all over it from the start.....then mix in boring plots and poor writing, and voila...you have the formula for cancellation. :D

9. RunnerFL

Jan 4, 2006
    Yeah, in "Back To You" Kelsey played the same Fraiser type character as well. It's just part of him now and he can't help it I guess.

10. Scott Kocourek

Scott Kocourek Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2009
    I looked forward to this show starting and what a disapointment it was. No surprise here either.

By the way, I liked "Back To You".

11. Rob

Rob Icon

Apr 22, 2002
    Next up: Patricia Heaton cancellation.

Kelsay Grammar should probably try and tackle a Larry David type show on one of the movie channels. Or return to becoming Dr Krane again.

12. Rich

Rich DBSTalk Club DBSTalk Club

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    Well, it was better than Hank. Still, a poor ensemble cast and poor writing doomed both shows. When you think about it, Frasier was a masterpiece compared to what Kelsey has wallowed in since.

When you think about it, Grammer's the only actor that came out of Cheers and had a real hit. Ted Danson will always be Sam Malone to me. Typecasting, not much you can do about that.

Rich

13. Marlin Guy

Marlin Guy Hall Of Fame

Apr 8, 2009
    +1 :confused:

14. Marlin Guy

Marlin Guy Hall Of Fame

Apr 8, 2009
    Sheez. I never heard of that one either.
    I have heard of Kelsey Grammar, but not a big fan of his shows, obviously.

15. SayWhat?

SayWhat? Know Nothing

Jun 6, 2009
    Nah, he dumped that pretty effectively for John Becker.

16. olguy

olguy Hall Of Fame

Jan 9, 2006
    A lot of actors in both film and TV have been doing that since the first camera was rolled. How many Bogarts were there? Or John Waynes? Or Burt Lancaster? Or Cary Grants? And the list goes on. And on. And on.

17. Nick

Nick Retired, part-time PITA DBSTalk Club

Apr 23, 2002
    The...
    ...and on.

18. Rich

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    I couldn't watch that show. A nasty Sam Malone? :)

Rich

19. Rich

Feb 22, 2007
    Piscataway, NJ
    The only movie that Bogart was in that I liked was African Queen. And I think I've watched most of them.

John Wayne could act, watch The Searchers and you will see a John Wayne that didn't show up in his other films. The Red River was another one. But, I agree with you that he just churned out movie after movie where he played John Wayne. As did Cary Grant.

But none of them ever hurt for work. Typecasting, to me, is when someone can't find work because of a show that he/she did. Captain Video comes to mind. The good Captain never could shake that show.

I watch and enjoy Criminal Minds, but, to me, Hutch or Hitch is still Dharma's husband, no matter how little he smiles in that show. :)

Rich

20. RunnerFL

Jan 4, 2006
    Hotch... And yes, I agree he's still Greg to me. And Paget Brewster is still Andy Richter's co-worker. :)