1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Happy Birthday to me

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by EMoMoney, Aug 3, 2010.

1. EMoMoney

EMoMoney Godfather

Dec 18, 2005
    What did D* give me for my birthday? The called me today and offered me the new customer deal of NFLST and 5 months of free Premium programming. Yes, my birthday was yesterday and no, I don't think it had anything to do with the offer. But it was nice.

2. Indiana627

Indiana627 Hall Of Fame

Nov 18, 2005
    Hey my birthday was in June - I wish I'd get that same call. I'd say YES in a heartbeat!

3. ThomasM

ThomasM RF Engineer

Jul 20, 2007
    Milwaukee, WI
    My birthday was two weeks ago and all I got from DirecTV was the bill.

4. dishrich

dishrich Hall Of Fame

Apr 23, 2002
    Are you on a grandfathered base pkg? (Total Choice or Total Choice +)
    If so, THAT'S probably why you got the call - D* is doing everything they can to force people off those legacy packages. Once you switch over to Premier, you will NEVER be able to go back to your legacy pkg again.
    I get these calls about once a year & will NOT be switching until I HAVE to... ;)

5. ejuer

ejuer Cool Member

Feb 28, 2010
    I believe that is why it was offered to me last year. I gladly gave up my old package as my bill only increased a dollar per month which was well worth ST for a season and the extra channels in Premier for 5 months.

6. DFWHD

DFWHD AllStar

Feb 9, 2008
    Make sure it was really D* that called you. This happened to me last year at this same time of the year and when I tried to call D* back to take them up on the offer, I found out it was a 3rd party dealer that had called and left the message...

7. carlsbad_bolt_fan

carlsbad_bolt_fan Icon

May 18, 2004
    Carlsbad, CA
    My birthday was yesterday, but I was notified that I would be receiving the Red Zone Channel for free earlier this week. :D

8. EMoMoney

EMoMoney Godfather

Dec 18, 2005
    No. We actually just downgraded from the premiere package a coupld of months ago because we just didn't watch enough of the premuim channels.