1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Happy with my Hopper w/Sling upgrade

Discussion in 'Hopper System Support Forum' started by mart4330, Oct 23, 2013.

1. mart4330

mart4330 New Member

Oct 23, 2013
    Brandon, MS
    I have been reading for a long time and wanted to post on my experience with having the Hopper w/Sling installed.

I have been a Dish customer for 8 years. For the last 2 years, I have been using a 722 and 722K in a 4 room set up. This week after talking to a friend that just switched from DirectTV to Dish, I figured I would bite the bullet and upgrade.

I ended up replacing my DVRs with 2 Hoppers and 2 Joeys for a 14 dollar increase in my bill. After 2 days of playing around with it all I can say is, "IT'S AWESOME!!!" If you're wondering about upgrading those old DVRs, trust me when I say that you will not be disappointed. The Hopper far exceeded my expectations.

My install went smooth. I got numerous calls confirming the appointment beforehand. My tech showed up on time on time at 9am and left around 11am after getting everything hooked up the way I wanted.

I got 2 Hoppers because I wanted to make sure I didn't interfere with anyone at the house watching TV when I wanted to use DishAnywhere. That was always the case when I used my Sling Solo and SlingPlayer hooked up to my DVR. After using the DishAnywhere App, I think I could have gotten by with just one Hopper. Since it was only 5 dollars more a month to get the 2nd Hoppers it is no biggie.

Couple of things to note...

I had a Sling Solo hooked up to my 722k. I think the DishAnywhere App is much better than the SlingPlayer App I was using. The playback is smoother and the picture is sharper comparing both with the same upload rate (~1380Kbps Bitrate).

I have ordered the OTA tuner module to install where I had it connected to the 722. I love having the sub-channels and the Media General contract dispute blows.