1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Harbinger sues Dish, Ergen for $1.5 billion over LightSquared

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by Athlon646464, Jul 9, 2014.

1. Athlon646464

Athlon646464 Gold Members DBSTalk Gold Club

Feb 23, 2007
    Uxbridge, MA
    Harbinger sues Dish, Ergen for $1.5 billion over LightSquared

(CNBC) - July 9 (Reuters) - Harbinger Capital Partners has sued Dish Network Corp and its chairman, Charles Ergen, for at least $1.5 billion, accusing them of trying to strip the hedge fund of its control of bankrupt wireless company LightSquared.

Dish and Ergen engaged in "an illegal scheme involving mail and wire fraud, bankruptcy fraud, tortious interference, and abuse of process," said the complaint. "Defendants wrongfully and deceptively created chaos in the bankruptcy proceedings so that Harbinger would lose control of the LightSquared board."...

Full Story Here

[​IMG]
    Philip A. Falcone, chief executive of the hedge fund Harbinger Capital Partners.Credit Brendan Mcdermid/Reuters

2. yosoyellobo

yosoyellobo Icon

Nov 1, 2006
    Jacksonville Fl
    I would never sue anybody for less than a billion.

1 person likes this.
  3. Nick

Nick Retired, part-time PITA DBSTalk Club

Apr 23, 2002
    The...
    i agree, but a billion here, a billion there and pretty soon we're talkin' real money!

4. tonyd79

tonyd79 Hall Of Fame

Jul 24, 2006
    Columbia, MD
    I don't often get sued but when I do, I make sure it is for big money.

5. harsh

harsh Beware the Attack Basset

Jun 14, 2003
    Salem, OR
    Looks like someone was caught sleeping on the job and wants the government to step in to cover them.

If Ergen et al are majority debtholders, it seems like they get first dibs on what is left.

6. phrelin

phrelin Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Jan 18, 2007
    Northern...
    According to this story:

The story also mentions:

I'm sure the battle will continue, however.

7. Laxguy

Laxguy Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense.

Dec 2, 2010
    Winters,...
    Thank you, Senator Stevenson!