1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

'Hardcore' Grandma Proves Old Age Doesn't Mean Game Over

Discussion in 'Gaming Fun - The Other Reality' started by Mark Holtz, Jul 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mark Holtz

Mark Holtz Day Sleeper DBSTalk Club

Mar 23, 2002
    Sacramento, CA
    From mtv.com - News:

'Hardcore' Grandma Proves Old Age Doesn't Mean Game Over

She curses at the TV when "Prince of Persia" gets tough. She's broken her video game controllers. And she's conquered "Resident Evil 4" enough times to earn a rocket launcher with unlimited ammo. Barbara St. Hilaire is a typical hardcore gamer, but with one key difference: she's a grandmother.

When people talk about the PlayStation generation, they're not referring to people who collect Social Security. But a couple of older gamers, Barbara St. Hilaire, 69, and Doris Self, 79, are making their mark in the gaming world and aren't letting old age stand in their way.

"I don't see what the big fuss is," St. Hilaire said from her home in Cleveland. "This is just me."

FULL ARTICLE HERE

2. Bogy

Bogy Hall Of Fame

Mar 23, 2002
    Shoot, I fall into that category.

This reminds me of a sweet little old lady that was a member of a church my dad served in California. Grandma Kool was beloved by everyone in the church and was as gentle as a newborn kitten. My dad went to call on her one afternoon and as he came up the front steps heard the TV tuned to the Roller Derby game and Grandma Kool yelling at the players to kill the other team. :lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.