1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

HARDWARE FAILURE: 2nd 921 Remote doesn't work = new 921

Discussion in 'Other HD Receiver Support Forum (811, 921, 942)' started by guruka, Jan 20, 2004.

1. guruka

guruka Troublemaker/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Dec 27, 2003
    The UHF Pro remote shipped with my 921 did not work. E* sent me a new one and that doesn't work either (I've been controlling my 921 with my old 501 remote via IR.)

So, it's gotta be the UHF remote receiver in the 921 :(

E* is shipping me another 921 tomorrow.

.....G

2. TEN89

TEN89 Legend

Jun 27, 2003
    Did you hook up the small antanna that came with the receiver in the back?

3. DVDDAD

DVDDAD Legend/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Dec 21, 2002
    It's funny that you asked that. When I first setup my 921 I thought the remote was broken, but soon realized that I did't hook up the small remote antenna. I wonder if E* remembered to add that to the CSR's handbook? In the past most receiver's received both IR & UHF, without the IR being transmitted, the 921 can't receive the UHF signal without the antenna.

4. guruka

guruka Troublemaker/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Dec 27, 2003
    Sure did. Even tried extending it outside the rack with a 3' piece of coax. Thanks for reminding everyone reading this thread to screw that antenna in tho'.

I have clear line of sight to the UHF antenna and the remote doesn't work even 34' away from the 921.

.....G

5. anderdea

anderdea Legend

Jan 13, 2004
    I didn't know you could control the 921 with IR codes. I have a Pronto TSU 2000 IR remote and was going to put the 721 codes into it that I downloaded from remotecontrol.com but held off. Can the 921 accept IR codes from a similar remote like the 721?

Don

6. metallicafreak

metallicafreak AllStar

Jan 20, 2004
    Yup