1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Harmon Kardon AVR120

Discussion in 'Archive' started by NickP1978, Sep 21, 2004.

1. NickP1978

NickP1978 New Member

Sep 21, 2004
    Hello,

I realize my Receiver is ancient, but I was hoping for a little help. When watching a DVD or T.V., at times my T.V. “flashes or blinks” especially during fight/battle scenes. Ex. Today watching Star Wars on DVD. This is very bothersome to me. This has happened on multiple televisions. Is there settings I am missing? Should I change everything to RCA video cables? (Currently S-Video) If anyone has any ideas it would be very helpful.

Thanks

2. Mark Lamutt

Mark Lamutt Your Neighborhood Liasion

Mar 23, 2002
    Doesn't sound like a receiver problem. Sounds much more like a television problem. I have an AVR-125 and don't see anything like that at all with any connections that I have running through it.

3. nsafreak

nsafreak Legend

Mar 23, 2004
    Doesn't sound like a receiver problem to me either, have an AVR-230 myself. You could always double check by running a video source directly to the TV and see if you still have the problem.