1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Harmony 880 at Costco

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Equipment' started by dmspen, Oct 28, 2009.

1. dmspen

dmspen Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Dec 1, 2006
    Los Gatos,...
    I walked into COSTCO yesterday, wandered through the electronics area, and stumbled across a whole bin if 880 remotes.

Price was $89.97.:eek2:

I got mine for about $200 and it still doesn't work right. Maybe I should buy one, stick the old one in the box and return it!

Nah. not ethical.

2. Alebob911

Alebob911 Hall Of Fame

Mar 22, 2007
    CERES,CA
    I have an 880 and have had not 1 issue with it. Did you try and call Logitech? They have a pretty simple interface on through the software. I just had 1 of my "One" remotes replaced because of a battery issue. Quick simple and painless.

3. jonesron

jonesron AllStar

Jun 23, 2007
    I was just looking around my local Costco (in Ft. Myers, FL) yesterday and was hoping to find a 880, but no luck. Can you please post the Costco Stock Number (maybe I can have the local Costco check to see if they have any coming in)?

Currently own 2 880's as well as a couple other Harmony models. The problem with Harmony remotes is they have have unreliable buttons. I've had one or two buttons go bad on three different Harmony models over the past 3 years (models, 520, 676 and 880). Two were replaced by Harmony under 1 yr. warranty while the third was out of warranty.

4. dave29

dave29 DIRECTV A-Team

Feb 18, 2007
    That's a good deal, if it were that price at my Costco, I would snap another up.

5. Cholly

Cholly Old Guys Rule!

Mar 22, 2004
    Indian...
    They don't show up in costco online.

6. barryb

barryb New Member

Aug 26, 2007
    Saw them in our Costco here in Santa Cruz the other day... and I almost bought one.

Decided against it as it's 90 bucks to replace a remote that I know all-too-well.

7. dmspen

dmspen Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Dec 1, 2006
    Los Gatos,...
    I didn't think they'd still cover it. The problem is that the battery won't charge. It' also has the all-too-common issue of bad charger contacts. SO between the two issues it's unusable. Maybe I'll call and see what they say.

I already had it replaced once. Right after I got ir for Christmass a few yearsa go, the screen developed some nice vertical lines.