1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Harmony remote and IR remote for PS3

Discussion in 'Gaming Fun - The Other Reality' started by davidord, Jan 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. davidord

davidord Godfather

Aug 16, 2006
    I know this isn't exactly the right forum to post this information, but I think it might be helpful to some people. I know many people that have an HR20 also have a Harmony remote, and a PS3. There is now an IR solution for the PS3 that can be programmed into the Harmony remotes. I have an 880 and it works very well. A company called NYKO is now making a remote with a USB receiver that converts the Bluetooth commands to IR. I paid $13.99 at Amazon, but it is also available at NewEgg as well. If this is too far off topic for this forum, a moderator can remove. Here's two links for the remote:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16879213018

http://www.amazon.com/PlayStation-3..._1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1199994932&sr=8-1

2. lehozle

lehozle AllStar

Sep 4, 2007
    How did you program the Harmony? The last time I looked the Harmony Data Base didn't provide any of the PS 3 commands.

Thanks in advance...

3. mjones73

mjones73 Icon

Jun 20, 2006
    Harmony's are learning remotes also.

4. davidord

davidord Godfather

Aug 16, 2006
    The Nyko remote is in the database, so I added the Nyko device as a game system.

5. mjones73

mjones73 Icon

Jun 20, 2006
    Doh, good point.

6. clash1

clash1 New Member

Dec 18, 2007
    Does the IR dongle actually "translate" the Nyko remote code to a PS3 language? Or would any IR USB dongle work if I can just download the codes via Harmony's web interface?

7. dbroome

dbroome Cool Member

Aug 16, 2006
  8. davidord

davidord Godfather

Aug 16, 2006
    I'm only guessing, but I think the dongle translates the Nyko remote code to PS3 language.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.