1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Has AT&T formally picked one of the DBS Carriers

Discussion in 'General Satellite Discussion' started by Earl Bonovich, Aug 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich Lifetime Achiever

Nov 15, 2005
    The reason I ask...

In a local radio commercial today (Chicago), it was no longer "Tripple Play"... AT&T was going after the Double Play... Internet and Phone, no TV...

And the commercial was a pretty funny attack on Comcast, since the 1 year periods are comming up on the tripple play...

It was just odd that the video portion was dropped out of it...

2. RAD

RAD Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2002
    Dripping...
    I haven't heard anything one way or another. Maybe they're cutting back on advertising to get ready to do U-verse in the Chicago area and don't want to get possible customers locked into something with E*.

3. Nick

Nick Retired, part-time PITA DBSTalk Club

Apr 23, 2002
    The...
    Surely, you must have meant "Dubble" Play, Earl. :D

4. stogie5150

stogie5150 Godfather

Feb 21, 2006
    I got a flyer in the Mail yesterday and it had Directv in the package....phone, internet, mobile phone and Directv. All from AT&T.

I threw it in the trash. :lol:

5. MikeW

MikeW Hall Of Fame

May 16, 2002
    I'd think that if they were going to pick a company, it would be Dish. They have already invested in the "Home Zone" concept so it would seem that is the direction they would head.

6. Bijou Media

Bijou Media Mentor

Jul 28, 2007
    LOL!

I sure don't want their cell service. Been there done that. I hear a similar ad in Ohio, and wasn't sure what to make of it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.