1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Has D* Gotten 'Ideological' on their What's Hot!?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by jamwadmag, Apr 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jamwadmag

jamwadmag Mentor

Feb 9, 2011
    Has D* Gotten 'Ideological' on their What's Hot!?

I have been using the Inet Apps feature and occasionally monitor "What's Hot! The app listings for Pacific & National programs with the highest audience are the most interesting to me.

For the past 3 yrs, the day time FNC News Programs are always at 1 or 2 in the listings, but at the least always in the top 5. The past 2 weeks, they never show up in the listings, only CNN programs---even The Factor with Bill O'Reilly which has been the top 'cable news' program for 13 years continuous, never shows up in the top 5 listings....has D^ signed up for the Liberal ideology and is 'freezing FNC out?!'

1 person likes this.
  2. mitchflorida

mitchflorida Godfather

May 18, 2009
    I think you may be on to something.

3. peds48

peds48 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    I do wish they have…

4. jdspencer

jdspencer Hall Of Fame

Nov 7, 2003
  5. JosephB

JosephB Icon

Nov 14, 2005
    Birmingham, AL
    I highly doubt it. The way DirecTV collects the data is not necessarily as representative as Nielsen ratings. Also, I'd be willing to bet that they aren't based on pure ratings but rather based on trends, so if the CNN shows had big increases, they might float to the top.

6. charlie460

charlie460 Godfather

Sep 12, 2009
    Seriously...? What would DirecTV have to gain from this. Get a grip, conspiracy theorists.

1 person likes this.
  7. ronsanjim

ronsanjim Godfather

Mar 18, 2008
    Cherokee...
    Really, this is troubling you, in light of the "real world" happenings of late?

8. jamwadmag

jamwadmag Mentor

Feb 9, 2011
    Then why the disconnect? Look at the previous post's ratings!

9. jamwadmag

jamwadmag Mentor

Feb 9, 2011
    It's called a 'comment' that doent jive with reality ...capiche?

10. jamwadmag

jamwadmag Mentor

Feb 9, 2011
    Yeah, there is a big intolerant anti-Free Speech group out there, huh?

11. jamwadmag

jamwadmag Mentor

Feb 9, 2011
    Guess the 'reality' of 3 yrs on always being in the Top 5 and then NEVER listed on there for the pat 2 weeks is just CNN's great complete turn around in their ratings.....but I will give it up for Jake Tapper...

12. Mike Greer

Mike Greer Hall Of Fame

Jan 20, 2004
    Salt Lake...
    Wow - makes me afraid for the future!

I'm not saying the non-Fox news isn't biased but FNC takes bias to a new high... Or would that be a new low?

1 person likes this.
  13. mystic7

mystic7 Icon

Dec 9, 2007
    Really? REALLY? I won't go into my politics but let's just say you can't get more non-partisan than me, and if you seriously think ANY news channel can outdo MSNBC for bias as a new low, then you need to expand your viewing habits.

1 person likes this.
  14. jamwadmag

jamwadmag Mentor

Feb 9, 2011
    Yeah, didnt want to take this to a political thread, but just 1 question on 'news' coverage: who else is covering the Ben Ghazi cover up and Dr. Kermit Gosnell, live baby killer trial ?

15. Diana C

Diana C Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Mar 30, 2007
    New Jersey
    Really? How could it not?

I seriously doubt DirecTV is manipulating the "What's Hot" list (I mean, if they can't get "Channels I Get" to work correctly, do you think they can manipulate this as desired?).

1 person likes this.
  16. jamwadmag

jamwadmag Mentor

Feb 9, 2011
    Looks like it's just 'incompetance' on their end ! Unless the whole world changed in the past 2 weeks from the past 3 yrs!

http://www.opensecrets.org/pacs/pacgot.php?cmte=C00331991&cycle=2012
    DIRECTV Group Contributions to Federal Candidates

House
    Total to Democrats: $135,000
    Total to Republicans: $142,500

Senate
    Total to Democrats: $39,000
    Total to Republicans: $32,000

17. iceman2a

iceman2a Icon

Dec 30, 2005
    Hudson, FL...
    Like this! :righton:

I have never watched more than 30 secs of CNN in my life, until the last 2 weeks! 75pct. of viewing the events was with CNN. I was streaming it at work (I had to log onto my Directtv account to watch)!! watching it at home! Don't belive they minipulated anything and bet "what's hot will return to normal!!

18. jamwadmag

jamwadmag Mentor

Feb 9, 2011
    How does YOUR comment jive with the latest ratings (Mon Apr 22) showing FNC over CNN in all time spots?

19. peds48

peds48 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    FNC (or so called "news") It it the most bias channel, which is OK, if they told the truth instead of making up stories as they see fit....Which are then backed up by they most disgusting person on the planet, aka Rush Limbaugh

1 person likes this.
  20. jamwadmag

jamwadmag Mentor

Feb 9, 2011
    <p>Think Jon Stewart 'appreciated' the CNN Boston coverage..</p>
    <p>&nbsp;</p>
    <p><a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6PLkR2UUg8">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6PLkR2UUg8 </a></p>
    <p>&nbsp;</p>
    <p><a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3KK2ELZW8Q">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3KK2ELZW8Q</a></p>

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.