1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Having 722 installed in a week; advise

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by jwktiger05, Sep 1, 2011.

1. jwktiger05

jwktiger05 Cool Member

Jul 31, 2011
    Hello, I've had a Vip 211 for 2 years and loved it. my roommates are picking up more of the bill now so they want a DVR. I'm getting a 722 to replace the 211 next week.

I have a question/curious about how the install will work for the TV2 as we rent a house; will this be a bit of a pain for the TV2 install?

2. Ray C@DISH Network

Ray C@DISH Network DISH Representative DISH Representative

Dec 28, 2010
    Your TV 2 will feed off the receiver, depending on how far TV 2 is from the receiver, with a coax cable to TV 2. If TV 2 is close enough it could feed directly from the receiver but if it is far, the technician can back feed TV 2 on the coax cable coming from the dish and pick up the signal closer to TV 2. It does involve another coax cable. If you have further questions, please let me know. Thanks.

3. mdavej

mdavej Hall Of Fame

Jan 30, 2007
    Realize you can make your 211 a DVR by adding an external hard drive and paying a one-time $40 fee. No additional fees after that like you'd have with a 722. If you can live with a single tuner, keeping the 211 is your cheapest option.