1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Having a problem with updating my 622 to L409

Discussion in 'ViP612/622/722/722K DVR Support Forum' started by DBS Commando, Jul 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DBS Commando

DBS Commando Godfather

Apr 6, 2006
    Hey guys,

I currently have the ViP622 receiver that is stuck on the L405 software update. I have been searching the menu's to see if I can manually update it to the latest but I've been unsuccessful so far. I've tried to stimulate it to update by reseting the update time in the prefences menu to the current time and when I do that, I'll get a dialogue asking me to power down so it can check for updates. I let it sit for about 35 minutes and nothing happened.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Currently pointing at the 110, 119, and 61.5 satellites (NY-NJ setup, not sure if this helps)

2. Ron Barry

Ron Barry 622 Tips & Trick Keeper

Dec 10, 2002
    :welcome_s ComputerBox. here is no way to force an update. It is rolled out in groups so the answer is.. patience is a virtue, If the roll out is successful initially you will eventually get it.

3. tnsprin

tnsprin Hall Of Fame

Mar 15, 2003
    It will only update if it matches the info attached to the update (maybe 25%-33% of machines match the current partial release criteria).

See P. Smith's post of what machines match
    http://www.dbstalk.com/showpost.php?p=1011973&postcount=462

4. DBS Commando

DBS Commando Godfather

Apr 6, 2006
    Thanks guys

Didn't know they rolled out the update in segments.

Any reason why it skipped the update to L406?

5. Ron Barry

Ron Barry 622 Tips & Trick Keeper

Dec 10, 2002
    Based on what Rob said.. It appears that they found something during the roll out so they stopped, fixed it, and then spooled the fix in L4.09.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.