1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

HBO $20 REBATE OFFER

Discussion in 'General Satellite Discussion' started by John Corn, May 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John Corn

John Corn Hall Of Fame

Mar 21, 2002
    New Subcribers only

To receive your $20 rebate, access the HBO web site at www.HBO.com and click on the "HBO EXPRESS" button to order HBO by 5/31/02. After paying your installation and first month's service bill, mail a copy of your bill, together with your name, address, zip code, and offer code 2810 hand-printed on a 3" X 5" paper to: HBO/1Q $20 Rebate Offer, PO Box 4317, Blair, NE 68009-4317.

http://www.hbo.com/camp/200202EC/101812/

Dish Network subs with AT 150 don't forget your free Cinemax for 6 months.

2. Chardo

Chardo AllStar

Apr 11, 2002
    I will be activating my DirecTV service tonight (dish is installed, some wiring still to go). I have had HBO with cable, which will be cancelled.

Does my activation of HBO as a new satellite subscriber count as "new subscribers only"?

3. Scott Greczkowski

Scott Greczkowski Banned User

Mar 21, 2002
    yep you are a new HBO sub on DirecTV thats all that matters. :)

If you are a Dish Network sub this is not a great deal though, instead call up and order HBO and ask for 6 months free Cinemax. They will give it to you.

Scott

4. SteveK

SteveK New Member

Apr 24, 2002
    If I order HBO on DirectTV, what is the installation/activation charge (if any)? Also, since adding HBO (my first premium package) is only $12 on DTV, is that all I would get?

TIA,
    SteveK

5. Dennis K

Dennis K Cool Member

May 18, 2002
    In the past these promos have worked whether or not you're a new sub. I learned this from folks at anandtech.com and avsforum. All you've got to lose is the cost of a stamp.

I got the $20 HBO/Band of Brothers rebate and the $15 AOL/HBO rebate. But be aware they take several months to process.

I sent the BOB rebate in last August and got the check around Christmas. I sent the AOL rebate in mid-December (same time I got in on the "DirecTV $20 off Platinum for 6 months" deal) and the $15 check arrived this past Tuesday.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.