1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HBO/Cinemax "2 for 1 Deal" pricing problem

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by patricw, Nov 24, 2010.

1. patricw

patricw Mentor

Jul 4, 2007
    I just received my credit card bill (autopay) and after checking online with D*, have found that I was charged $26 for HBO and Cinemax. When I signed up for the those two channels on 11/1/10, it was with the understanding that the cost would be $14.99 for the HBO, and 3 months of Cinemax for free. Has anyone else had this happen when signing up for this package? I'm thinking that because my signup occurred near the end of my billing period, it caused them to charge the full amount on this bill, and that $11.01 credits will be forthcoming on the next three bills; but I know how much companies like to charge you extra, and hope you won't notice the difference. I have contacted D* via email, and hope it will be resolved, but am thinking it will probably take a phone call. Just wondered if this is standard when billing for premium "special deals", or if they have made a mistake.

2. Red Dog

Red Dog Godfather

Aug 3, 2008
    My last 3 2-for-1 premium deals they've screwed up and it has taken phone calls to have it fixed. In one case (when I had SHO and STARZ during this past summer), I had to call each of the 3 months to get the credit (manually entered) because the idiots couldn't figure out how to properly set up the 2-for-1 (or they were just screwing with me).

You're going to have to call and get it fixed. Forget e-mail.

I miss the days when I could click online and get the 2-for-1s (never had a problem with billings via this method) but now they don't let me sign up for anything online. So stupid. I tend to think they do this on purpose - like you said - hoping people don't pay attention to their bills.

3. ronsanjim

ronsanjim Godfather

Mar 18, 2008
    Cherokee...
    I did the online method for 2 for 1 HBO/Max, AND 2 for 1 Starz/Show. The fine print stated allow 4 weeks for credit to appear. My online activity still doesn't show any discounts for the 2 weeks until my next billing is done.

When the next billing period is shown, it should show regular price $44.00, but it should also show the $11.00 off, twice.

4. ronsanjim

ronsanjim Godfather

Mar 18, 2008
    Cherokee...
    Just a followup on this. I just received one (1) $11.01 credit (toward my next billing) for my Starz/Showtime 2 for 1, but not the HBO/Max 2 for 1 credit. Thinking it was handled wrong, I phoned in, and the CSR said I can only receive (1) 2 for 1 offer at a time. I argued that was not how it was presented on my account online. He then transferred me to another phone, where that CSR said he was wrong, and I would receive the appropriate 2 for1 discounts for both.

5. linuspbmo

linuspbmo AllStar

Oct 2, 2009
    You CAN get more than one 2 for 1 deals at a time. I just signed up for both the HBO/Cinemax and Showtime/Starz specials this month and I show one $42.53 charge for the channels and two $11.01 credits. One says " 2for1STZSHO3Mos" and the other says"2-for-1HBO/MAX". Net charge for all four is $20.51. I didn't even know about the HBO deal until I called in and they asked me if I wanted all four.

I have found it is much easier to keep track of these deals if you call in on your billing date so it tracks your bill.

6. Maleman

Maleman Icon

Apr 17, 2007
    Do I need to call in for the HBO 2for1 promo? I remember that in the past I think I use to see this under my account but didn't see it there.

Thanks

I would like to see Big Love's last season etc.

7. ronsanjim

ronsanjim Godfather

Mar 18, 2008
    Cherokee...
    I never did receive the pro-rata credit from Nov 13 to my billing date of Nov 28. I called to complain and the CSR said I wouldn't get the pro-rata credit, just the $11.01 credit for 3 months, each, for the HBO/Max and Starz/Showtime 2 for 1's.

The Starz/Showtime $11.01 did show up at billing time, and the HBO/Max $11.01 began showing up at the next billing cycle.