1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

HBO GO on 922

Discussion in 'General DISH™ Discussion' started by Bill L, Mar 24, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Bill L

Bill L Mentor

May 5, 2008
    Can you access HBO Go directly on the 922 or will you have to see it on a computer only? If yes, how do you do it?

2. TommyF@DISH Network

TommyF@DISH Network DISH Representative DISH Representative

Jan 5, 2011
    Littleton, CO
    HBO Go is only viewable via internet. The 922 wouldn't be able to bring that in directly. Reason being is it's an online service from HBO rather than a TV service.

3. Bill L

Bill L Mentor

May 5, 2008
    Tommy

Thanks for the replay. It would be real nice to have that on VOD in the future.

Bill

4. TommyF@DISH Network

TommyF@DISH Network DISH Representative DISH Representative

Jan 5, 2011
    Littleton, CO
    I agree with ya there about being nice on VOD. We'll have to wait and see where it goes first though :(

5. 356B

356B Icon

Oct 11, 2008
    Northern...
    I assume you are referring to "Dish Online" (not Sling), I can't even see my personal guide menu (Dish Online).......I get a header but a blank listings area......it's been off and on for months.......

6. tampa8

tampa8 Godfather/Supporter

Mar 30, 2002
    No that isn't what he meant. HBO GO is an online - meaning by going to the HBO site - way to get HBO. It is offered to subscribers of HBO but only if you get HBO from certain carriers. Dish is not one of those carriers. I can only assume there is some sort of charge to the carrier to allow their subscribers to go to HBO.com get HBO GO.

7. TonyT@DISH Network

TonyT@DISH Network New Member

Jan 6, 2011
    I know that DISHOnline has been hit and miss lately, but we have discovered some things that may help. Is it currently acting up to where I can figure out the best approach to take in correcting it? Can you screen shot it?

8. 356B

356B Icon

Oct 11, 2008
    Northern...
    This is what I see.....just a header above a blank page, every once in a while it works.....not lately though. What's weird is my DVR recordings show up normally, always have.

Attached Files:

9. TonyT@DISH Network

TonyT@DISH Network New Member

Jan 6, 2011
    I have seen some intermittent issues with the DISHOnline. That being said, I believe I can help. I PM'd you the details, and if you are willing I will try it and see what we get.

10. 356B

356B Icon

Oct 11, 2008
    Northern...
    Thank you, I'll do as you suggested and let you know.

11. Paul Secic

Paul Secic Hall Of Fame

Dec 16, 2003
    What is HBO Go?

12. sigma1914

sigma1914 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Sep 5, 2006
    Allen, TX
    Basically, the ability to watch HBO's vast library on demand at a computer.

13. coolman302003

coolman302003 2014 NBA CHAMPIONS!

Jun 2, 2008
    Southeast