1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

HBO On Demand Missing Content

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by shendley, Sep 9, 2013.

1. shendley

shendley Hall Of Fame

Nov 27, 2005
    I just found out about an HBO documentary I'd like to see, "The Jazz Baroness." There's an HBO web page for it, but you can't find it on HBO Go or HBO On Demand. I was surprised at that as they otherwise seem pretty thorough in making just about everything they've ever done available in those contexts. Does anyone know of a way to contact HBO about content they're not making available on Go or On Demand?

2. inkahauts

inkahauts DIRECTV A-Team

Nov 13, 2006
    Well if you can't finding on the actual hbo go app ,then its likely not available to them. There's a very small amount of things they have aired they don't have the rights to,it could be that is one of them.. How old is it?

Sent from my iPad using DBSTalk mobile app

3. shendley

shendley Hall Of Fame

Nov 27, 2005
    Yeah, that's probably it. It looks like it was originally produced in the UK since IMBD identifies the website for the documentary as a UK site independent of HBO. And it appears it was made in 2009 with a DVD that came out last year.

4. sangs

sangs AllStar

Apr 2, 2008
    NE New Jersey
    I wish HBO GO had a bunch of its old series available, like "Dream On," "1st and 10," "Mr. Show" and "Tales from the Crypt."

5. shendley

shendley Hall Of Fame

Nov 27, 2005
    I checked on Amazon about getting the DVD for this documentary and, alas, it's only available in a European format - PAL is the acronym they use. Oh well, maybe HBO will air it again sometime in the future. But now it appears to be simply unavailable for us on this side of the (Atlantic) pond. And, by the way, for those who don't know, the Jazz Baroness was a Rothschild living in New York at the height of the Be Bop era who had an amazing life supporting classic jazz artists like Thelonious Monk. Sadly, two of the greatest jazz musicians of the middle twentieth century died in her apartment - Charlie Parker and Monk. Great story.