1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

Hbo on demand

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by tomski35, Aug 11, 2012.

1. tomski35

tomski35 AllStar

Sep 7, 2007
    Ordered HBO bcs I thought there was on demand as part of it. Turns out when I go to 1501 DTV wants me to pay an additional $3.99 for a movie listed in the HBO on demand list. What the hell is with that?!

2. tonyd79

tonyd79 Hall Of Fame

Jul 24, 2006
    Columbia, MD
    Something is wrong. HBO on demand is included.

Which movie? Does it do it for all?

3. tomski35

tomski35 AllStar

Sep 7, 2007
    Jaws, only one I've seen so far with a fee. There's no charge on HBO go.

4. tonyd79

tonyd79 Hall Of Fame

Jul 24, 2006
    Columbia, MD
    I'm not at home. Is jaws offered from the ppv guys, too?

We saw recently that Batman Begins was on TNT and the system tried to give customers the ppv because it was higher resolution.

5. RunnerFL

RunnerFL DIRECTV A-Team

Jan 4, 2006
    If you notice the channel showing for Jaws, even though it's under 1501's movies, is 1100 and that is a "CinemaTV" channel. Yes, there is a charge for it then.

If you do a smart search for just Jaws you get it on 1100 and 1501 but even if you choose the one on 1501 it still takes you to 1100. Something crossed up in the database.

6. tonyd79

tonyd79 Hall Of Fame

Jul 24, 2006
    Columbia, MD
    Ah. This is the same problem as with Batman Begins. When you look for Jaws on HBO on demand, it finds that Jaws has been downloaded to the DVR already so it goes to that version which is a play now PPV.

That is what is happening for me. You should see a green arrow next to it.

This workaround worked for me. Select the 3.99 version. Play it but DO NOT SAY BUY. When it asks to buy, cancel. Then go to the list and delete it. This will remove it from the dvr and you can record it from HBO on demand.

7. tomski35

tomski35 AllStar

Sep 7, 2007
    I called, explained what was happening and they said order it and we'll credit you for the charge.