1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

HD Apps

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by liamlawrence, Aug 27, 2013.

1. liamlawrence

liamlawrence New Member

Aug 21, 2013
    I finally have the new HD apps but boy are they slow to open. Is this normal? It's pretty and all but with how slow they are I don't find it very practical. Thanks.

2. FussyBob

FussyBob Legend

Jan 11, 2009
    Yes, slow! Somedays faster, others slower.

3. ub1934

ub1934 Icon

Dec 30, 2005
    UpState NY
    If they open at all , i keep getting E C 50 try later

4. CDJohnson25

CDJohnson25 Mentor

Nov 4, 2007
    On a long...
    I may need new glasses - is it version 0.2? :eek:

It's frustrating they take away so much functionality just to tweak the graphics.

5. liamlawrence

liamlawrence New Member

Aug 21, 2013
    I don't understand why so slow. It's not like these apps are performing advanced functions here. This is pretty basic stuff. A 10 year old computer can do this faster. If its a bandwidth issue, is the data coming via satellite or my ethernet? I dont understand how I can watch on demand HD in a snap but to get the weather it's a monumental feat. Coming on. Get this right.

6. jerrylove56

jerrylove56 Godfather

Jun 14, 2008
    North Alabama
    I miss my old MY TV APPs. Will DTV allow these new apps to be customized to the likes of the customer. I don't 's NFL Fantasy, use Social TV or interested in "What Hot". What I loved was having the ability to see the scores of all my 4 favorite teams. The new detailed scoreboard is clumsy and slow. It often gives me details for sports that I don't like, soccer & NASCAR, and give me scores of games two day old or not have all scores available (there was more than 2 football games last night,)

I know this sounds whinny, but surely DTV tested this APP???

7. FussyBob

FussyBob Legend

Jan 11, 2009

8. SteveHas

SteveHas Hall of Fame

Feb 6, 2007
    miss my old apps, but love the new graphics!

9. mrmojo

mrmojo Mentor

Feb 11, 2008
    I miss the old apps as well. I have a 65" TV and even though the HD apps fonts are clearer they are small. I also miss being able to pull up the schedules, etc., for my favorite MLB, NFL & NHL teams. These new apps are slow to load, when the do load, and also wreak havoc with the red button score guide control on sports stations as sometimes it brings up the old score guide and sometimes the new HD app score guide. I have rebooted multiple times including unplugging for 15 minutes and I still have the same issues. This "upgrade" was not tested very well at all.