1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HD channels for Directv ???

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by mliebman, Jun 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jun 4, 2004 #1 of 13
    mliebman

mliebman New Member

Jun 4, 2004
    Any info on when Directv will add more HD channels, especially NBC, ABC and PBS ?

2. Jun 4, 2004 #2 of 13
    mini1

mini1 Icon

Jan 25, 2004
    scott over at sat guys says "And then in what I feel is the biggest news, he told me that A LOT of HD is coming to DirecTV, not a few new HD Channels, but a LOT of HD channels. He said we could see more on this within a few weeks. He also would not name and channels here. He did say some at VOOM and Dish would be really surprised with what they are getting ready to roll out." his souces are almost always true. my contact at INHD tell me that they are very close to coming to a deal with DirecTV for broadcast of their 2 HD channels. we will see what happends. but one thing for sure is more HD is on the way.

3. Jun 4, 2004 #3 of 13
    mliebman

mliebman New Member

Jun 4, 2004
    who are the sat guys?

4. Jun 4, 2004 #4 of 13
    RAD

RAD Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2002
    Dripping...
  5. Jun 4, 2004 #5 of 13
    BFG

BFG Hall Of Fame

Jan 23, 2004
    The sat guys are little monkies that live inside the satellites and make all the switches to have the programiing beamed down to our dish :D poor poor monkies...

6. Jun 5, 2004 #6 of 13
    cameron119

cameron119 Legend

Feb 2, 2004
    Davey Jones has to make a living somehow.

7. Jun 6, 2004 #7 of 13
    bonscott87

bonscott87 Cutting Edge: ECHELON '07

Jan 21, 2003
    There have been other independent reports of rumors on InHD as well.

I fully expect the following.

By September:
    Fox-HD E/W (already announced)
    InHD 1 and 2
    Starz-HD
    Possibly Bravo-HD for the Olympics

By end of year:
    Encore-HD
    Cinemax-HD
    TMC-HD
    TNT-HD
    A few Fox Sports Nets in HD

I think they are pushing bandwidth with all that, but it's about all that's out there.

I'd expect at least 1-2 months before we hear anything official from DirecTV. They are working on the new locals right now which are top prioity.

8. Jun 8, 2004 #8 of 13
    zubinh

zubinh Guest

Satellite Guys has become nothing more than a bunch of depressed Voom (every other thread is a Voom install complaint) users who still think that POS company has a chance in hell of surviving.

9. Jun 9, 2004 #9 of 13
    CAL7

CAL7 Legend

Dec 16, 2003
    Way back when I had a 921, I subscribed to the Dish HD package. I found very little worth watching, so when I got my HD Tivo, I didn't bother with it. I get plenty of HD from CBS-HD, OTA networks, and HBO-HD. It looks like most of what is coming soon will be premium networks I don't get. I would guess InHD would be in the HD package, right?

What would really appeal would be if YES started broadcasting the Yankees in HD and if D* offered it. I have heard vague rumors in the past - is anything known?

10. mini1

mini1 Icon

Jan 25, 2004
    actully scott over a satelliteguys is a VERY reliable sorce. he might even provide us with an update here if he finds this thread.

11. Boondoggler

Boondoggler New Member

Jun 30, 2004
    I sent an email to YES back in February asking about whether they would offer Yankee games in HD. Here's the response I got:

It's going to be July in a couple days and there's been no announcement.

12. CAL7

CAL7 Legend

Dec 16, 2003
    Has D* said anything about if they will transmit the HD version (if and )?when ..._

13. Boondoggler

Boondoggler New Member

Jun 30, 2004
    Not that I'm aware of.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.