1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

hd channels not working

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by FUCCO, Feb 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FUCCO

FUCCO Legend

Oct 5, 2007
    Anyone know what satellite and transponders some of the new mpeg4 hd channels are on. I still get my digital channels but just about every hd channel i get is a black screen in cluding the locals (buffalo ny) i think my dish moved with the 2 wind storms last week. My satellite 103-c is reading transponders from 17-42 signal quality. If i remember correctly i was always getting uppers 80's to mid 90's always.

2. phatmatt1215

phatmatt1215 Icon

Nov 4, 2007

It sound like you may need to have your dish realigned. Those are absolutely horrible signal numbers.

3. ccr1958

ccr1958 Hall Of Fame

Aug 29, 2007
    yes your dish is either out of alignment or
    has a snow drift on it.....103c is where the
    mpeg4 resides

4. JJJBBB

JJJBBB Godfather

May 26, 2007
    Could be a snow drift as it was stormy last night. Mine are fine here though.

5. FUCCO

FUCCO Legend

Oct 5, 2007
    thanks for the info. I have no snow or ice because of the wonderful dish heater i bought. It was the best $99 i spent. I figured the dish moved from the wind storms. I have a appt set for monday for a re-alignment. thanks

6. K4SMX

K4SMX Hall Of Fame

May 19, 2007
  7. glennb

glennb Hall Of Fame

Sep 21, 2006
    All the channels you get from DIRECTV are digital, whether they are HD or SD.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.