1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

HD Content on Standard TV

Discussion in 'DISH™ High Definition Discussion' started by pinchhitter, Nov 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pinchhitter

pinchhitter Cool Member

Jul 17, 2004
    Can a HD receiver such as a 811 be hooked up to a Standard television? And can the Voom channels be viewed on standard television?

2. Neil Derryberry

Neil Derryberry Hall Of Fame DBSTalk Club

Mar 23, 2002
    Sure.. you would also get access to any HD OTA stations in your area. That said, if you don't already own the 811 you might consider waiting..

3. digital223

digital223 Legend

Dec 18, 2002
    Neil,

Could you elaborate......waiting for ??????????

4. SHS

SHS Legend

Jan 7, 2003
    Vinita, OK
    Neil what do you meat by "might consider waiting.." for what?.

5. lakebum431

lakebum431 Icon

Jun 30, 2005
    I assume he is talking about waiting for the MPEG 4 receivers. These are the future of DISH receivers and are expected out in the next few months.

6. James Long

James Long Ready for Uplink! Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Apr 17, 2003
    Michiana
    Good assumption. You would be right. All signs point to MPEG4 receivers within the next few months for all HD subscribers.

JL

7. Michael P

Michael P Hall Of Fame

Oct 27, 2004
    I have a 921 hooked to a 27" Sony Trinitron via the S-Video output. The HD content downconverted looks awesome on my set, even the SD channels from E* look better than they did using my old 4000.

Since I've been able to watch my digital locals OTA I find that I watch those stations more than the satelllite delivered channels.

As always YMMV. In my case the 921 injected new life in my old Sony.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.