1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

HD Discusson: Bravo (Channel 273)

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by Doug Brott, Sep 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doug Brott

Doug Brott Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Jul 12, 2006
    Los Angeles
  2. Oct 3, 2007 #2 of 46
    Earl Bonovich

Earl Bonovich Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Nov 15, 2005
    Confirmed

3. Oct 3, 2007 #3 of 46
    Capmeister

Capmeister Large Hairless ApeCutting Edge: ECHELON '08 DBSTalk Club

Sep 16, 2003
    Bravo-HD is without Closed Captioning, just like USA-HD and SCIFI-HD. :(

As I said in those threads, it seems NBC-owned networks don't believe the deaf/hard of hearing people use their channels. If they fail to provide closed captioning, they won't, either.

4. Oct 3, 2007 #4 of 46
    terryfoster

terryfoster Godfather

Nov 14, 2006
    Yes! More upconverted infomercials. ;) The good news is it doesn't appear that they stretch their infomercials, so that's a good sign.

5. Oct 3, 2007 #5 of 46
    noneroy

noneroy Godfather

Aug 21, 2006
    I think Top Chef is in HD...and this would be just in time for the finale. Hells. Yes.

I'm betting Project Runway is in HD too, which would be cool. And, yes, it sort of IS a chick show, but my chick got me into it and now I'm addicted. :lol: :lol: I wonder if the barely naked models have anything to do with it.

Wasn't Universal HD originally BravoHD? Shows how far we have come.

6. Oct 3, 2007 #6 of 46
    generalpatton78

generalpatton78 Godfather

Dec 17, 2003
    I guess bravo HD decided to un retire lol. What's good in HD on this channel now? It used to be the West Wing channel.

7. Oct 3, 2007 #7 of 46
    djzack67

djzack67 Icon

Sep 18, 2007
    TOP Chef Tonight.....Go Dale. (He lives a few blocks from me)

8. Oct 3, 2007 #8 of 46
    JerryElbow

JerryElbow Legend

Jun 14, 2007
    I got no joy this morning on Bravo-HD; nothing but a black screen. Hopefully, it'll be fixed by the time I get home tonight.

9. Oct 3, 2007 #9 of 46
    noneroy

noneroy Godfather

Aug 21, 2006
    For real.

If I may quote Homer Simpson, "I like my beer cold, my TV loud, and my homosexuals FLAMING!"

Seriously, Dale has been cracking me up all season. I'm rooting for him for sure.

10. djzack67

djzack67 Icon

Sep 18, 2007
    He's a totally cool guy, what I love, what you see on TV, is really him. What I think is great is he his real nice, did a few local neighborhood benifets this past month, and is now looking to open a restuerant here in the hood. Dale you rock.

11. Capmeister

Sep 16, 2003
    I've been watching. I hate the "Hung your food is technically fantastic but we don't get your soul in it." It's such B.S. When I go to eat good food, I want good food, not someone's soul. They're selling a Casey win anyway.

12. Crypter

Crypter Godfather

Jun 21, 2007
    They were showing Top Chef Re-Runs this morning from earlier this season and they were NOT HD. I don't think Top Chef is filmed in HD.

13. Southpaw

Southpaw AllStar

May 3, 2007
    Anything else in HD on Bravo? Queer eye's final season perhaps?

14. Frank_M

Frank_M Cool Member

Aug 24, 2007
    I think they're starting West Wing again... at least I thought I saw that. I assume it would be in HD?

15. UrbanDad

UrbanDad DBSTalk Club Member

Aug 29, 2006
    So..... basically we have an HD channel with no HD programming?

Will the new season of Project Runway be in HD?

16. turbrodude

turbrodude AllStar

Sep 18, 2006
    I looked forward in the guide and saw nothing on Bravo with an HD tag on it. At least they're not stretching or cropping their non-HD content.

17. djzack67

djzack67 Icon

Sep 18, 2007
    Top Chef right now not in HD, but the upconvert looks better then the old SD ever did....

18. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    I've noticed several of the new HDs don't have anything in the guide in HD... let us know if that's an error or if it's all upconverted.

19. Capmeister

Sep 16, 2003
    I'll still record the SD anyway, until they get captioning on the HD channels. Meh to them for not having it now. :(

20. ralphfurley

ralphfurley Legend

Jun 12, 2004
    sure HD looks better than SD and I'm glad we have it, but why rush to add HD channels with NO HD programming? Does HGTV and Food have HD programs?I'd rather have MGM or MHD. AT least they added Cinemax

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.