1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

HD Discusson: Fox Business (Channel 359)

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by Doug Brott, Sep 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doug Brott

Doug Brott Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Jul 12, 2006
    Los Angeles
  2. jwt0001

jwt0001 Godfather

May 21, 2005
    The subject says it all. It's on now at 5:13 EDT.

3. Steve615

Steve615 Hall Of Fame

Feb 5, 2006
    Middle TN area
    I just tried the channel.It is up and running.

4. Tom Robertson

Tom Robertson Lifetime Achiever DBSTalk Club

Nov 15, 2005
    Confirmed this morning

5. jediphish

jediphish Godfather

Dec 3, 2005
    The song used for the Fox Business News graphic leadout to commercial is by Angels & Airwaves (AVA). It's called "The Adventure." Someone at FBNHD has good taste in music.

6. turbo_oasis

turbo_oasis Legend

Jan 4, 2007
    The channel looks good...but its kind of odd...my HR20 is saying that it is in1080i not 720p. Allother FOX networks are in 720p (FOX-TV, various RSN's) is FOX adopting 1080i now and will we see FOX-TV go 1080i soon?

7. bslowey

bslowey AllStar

Dec 26, 2005
    Does anyone know what business package you have to subscribe to in order to watch this at a small business? You think they would have added this channel to all business packages.

8. gregjones

gregjones Hall Of Fame

Sep 20, 2007
    I am getting slight overscan on the right side and at the top. In both cases it is only a few missing lines. Is anyone else seeing this?

9. MKEHDTV

MKEHDTV New Member

Feb 26, 2007
    Pretty clever how they show the "HD Wing" ... that right column of stock info on the HD channel only, with the 4:3 stuff shifted left on the HD channel, but filling the screen (minus the HD wing) on the SD version fo the channel. The ticker graphics are super crisp.. my eyes (and my 720p set) aren't good enough to tell if the studio shots that are squeezed to the upper left 2/3 of the screen are native HD or ED upconverted to match the 1080i of the rest of the picture.

10. myselfalso

myselfalso Godfather

Jan 25, 2006
    How is the channel itself? Is it decent?

11. dodge boy

dodge boy R.I.P. Chris Henry

Mar 31, 2006
    Wow, whoopie.... May as well be a shopping channel :(

12. tuff bob

tuff bob Icon

Mar 4, 2007
    any channel with Alexis Glick in HD is all right by me ;)

13. belogical

belogical Legend

Nov 14, 2006
    new channel isn't showing up for me, rebooting the receiver now.

14. dodge boy

dodge boy R.I.P. Chris Henry

Mar 31, 2006
    I's not like it's playboy or hustler TV HD...... Or TEN HD that would be sweet!!!!

15. belogical

belogical Legend

Nov 14, 2006
    oops, didn't have it on "all channels" i hate that the new channels don't show up in your customized list.

16. mikeinthekeys

mikeinthekeys Godfather

Feb 9, 2007
    I think it is HD, but I can't be absolutely sure, but the studio video and some of the remotes look pretty darn good... much betterthan the CNBCHD product where the live video is clearly SD. I'm guessing that Fox is starting with this product to refine its HD programming equipment and will shortly switch over to HD on Fox News.

17. tbranan

tbranan AllStar

Sep 3, 2006
    Well, well, well.....I think I will be watching this channel a LOT more than I had anticipated.

18. TANK

TANK Icon

Feb 16, 2003
    FLORIDA
    Not a fan of Fox , but this channel is impressive.

19. jwt0001

jwt0001 Godfather

May 21, 2005
    I've been watching it most of the afternoon. While I'm not a fan of Fox News Channel, I have found their business coverage to be very interesting. Of course, one of their reporters is a former Cleveland news anchor and took the opportunity to say "Go Tribe" at the end of his report!

I am also a fan of Dave Ramsey and he has an evening show scheduled.

The 5:00 a.m. ET show anchors look like eye candy. They had a few glitches this morning, particularly with camera changes. So far, I'm enjoying it more than CNBC.

20. SubSolar

SubSolar Mentor

Nov 26, 2006
    The channel seems alright. The anchor woman in the morning was a looker. I'll probably be watching it all day since CNBC HD is still funky. The HD shots look nice but I like the ticker graphics on CNBC HD better. It's funny, this one girl that's always on Fox News and sometimes was on CNBC seems to have switched from glasses to contacts now. Guess people change their appearance once they go HD.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.