1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HD DVR black screen

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by rockinone, Sep 25, 2010.

1. rockinone

rockinone New Member

Aug 18, 2007
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a directv hd dvr that has been doing a LOT of strange and irritating things lately. We will be watching and for no reason it goes to a black screen for a couple seconds then we see no signal then it pops back on. It also will all of a sudden have the right side of the screen on the left and the left on the right. There are some other things it does but they are hard to explain. I called DTV and they had me do something like a defrag or disc check on it. It is still doing some of the stuff. Could it be the reciever or cables or the little b band converter in the back? I am over all this aggravation with this thing - we can't sit down and watch soemthing without these blips happening.
    It will go to black screen for a few seconds and have black and white zig zaggy lines across the bottom part of the screen. When I push the back buttom for a few seconds it clears up for a bit then starts again. So it is not recording the problem. It is not hooked up with hdmi so it is not that cable. Also I can hear the audio when the screen goes black. This is driving me nutty!!!
    Thanks for ideas or help!!

2. BattleZone

BattleZone Hall Of Fame

Nov 13, 2007
    It's dying. You need a replacement. Call DirecTV.