1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

HD-DVR can't be billed to me?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by CarolinaGuy79, Jul 20, 2012.

1. CarolinaGuy79

CarolinaGuy79 Legend

Sep 9, 2009
    So I got the check I was expected and paid off my Directv bill and so I called in and asked about adding a second HD-DVR and the lady said I could get one for $99 plus free shipping, I said great please bill me and she told me they dont do this anymore and I needed to pay upfront, well after paying Directv and other bills I wont have anymore money for a few weeks, so I told her I couldnt do it right now and she said she placed in the notes to give me the $99 deal when I can call back and pay for it with a credit/Debit card.

Is she for real or should I call back? since i got Directv a year ago I have added 2 HD receivers to my account one was free and the other one I got charged $50 but the one for $50 was billed to my acount, so I didnt know if this was a new policy or what.

2. mitchflorida

mitchflorida Godfather

May 18, 2009
    They probably saw that you have been paying your bills late. It is nothing personal.

3. dpeters11

dpeters11 Hall Of Fame

May 30, 2007
    Cincinnati
    I've been told this as well, and I'd been on autopay for at least a few years.

4. PK6301

PK6301 Legend

May 16, 2012
    Erie, PA
    I called the other week and inquired about adding another DVR and billing it to my account. The CSR said it was a no-go. This might be their new policy

5. RunnerFL

RunnerFL DIRECTV A-Team

Jan 4, 2006
    I've never been able to have them add the purchase of hardware to my bill. I've always had to provide a credit card at the time of my orders.

6. Christopher Gould

Christopher Gould Icon

Jan 14, 2007
    4 months ago my hr34 was added to my bill minus credits.

7. hitokage

hitokage Legend

Jan 19, 2010
    Maybe the CSRs in retention can put it on your bill, but regular CSRs can't.

8. MrShowtime

MrShowtime Legend

Apr 8, 2009
    I've seen it both ways, probably depends on your account/history

9. mitchflorida

mitchflorida Godfather

May 18, 2009
    I remember them adding a deca device to my account and they made me put it on my credit card. Why should they bill it when the can get the money immediately?

10. CarolinaGuy79

CarolinaGuy79 Legend

Sep 9, 2009
    Update: I called back in tonight and spoke to Ryan and he did add it to my bill, so I think it might depend on the CSR if they can add it or not.

11. Herdfan

Herdfan DIRECTV A-Team

Mar 18, 2006
    Teays...
    Yeah same here. Called to order MRV for my parents. Made me give them a CC # which was the same one they already had on file and charge every month for the upgrade.

Sometimes they are a great company and sometimes they do stuff that makes no sense.

12. wmschultz

wmschultz DBSTalk Club Member DBSTalk Club

Jul 18, 2006
    I don't pay for receivers. Solves the entire problem. Haven't purchased a receiver since the first HD TiVo came out.