1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HD DVR Setup

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by kenpac89, Apr 22, 2008.

1. kenpac89

kenpac89 Legend

Jan 3, 2006
    I currently have an HD DVR in my living room, and I have two cable lines running into two b-band converters to control each tuner. My question is, if I get another box for the HDTV in my bedroom (which only has one cable jack available), can I just run one cable line with one b-band converter to get everything? I know I would only have one tuner and will have to watch whatever is recording, etc (which is what I currently do with my old school DirecTV Tivo box in my bedroom). Is this possible? Or do I have to have the dual lines running into the back of the box to get all of the HD channels?

Running more cable to the bedroom is not an option, so before I go get a new box I want to make sure it will work. If not, I will just buy another type of receiver.

2. Michael D'Angelo

Michael D'Angelo Lifetime Achiever

Oct 20, 2006
    Yes you can use just one SAT line and everything will work but like you said you will only be able to watch or record one thing at a time.

3. SDizzle

SDizzle Hall Of Fame

Jan 1, 2007
    Roseville, CA
    One RG6 will work fine.

4. kenpac89

kenpac89 Legend

Jan 3, 2006
    Thanks. That is what I was hoping would be the answer.

5. Greg Alsobrook

Greg Alsobrook Lifetime Achiever

Apr 1, 2007