HR21-100 • HR21-200 • HR21-700 • HR21Pro
HR22-100 • HR23-700
HR24-100 • HR24-200 • HR24-500
R22-200 • R22-100
H21-100 • H21-200 • H23-600
H24-100 • H24-200 • H24-700
H25-100 • H25-500 • H25-700

Release notes: http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=204388

We ask that you keep polite and focused within this thread, and post as much detail as possible. If your receiver is set up for network issue reporting, please post the key generated by the receiver.

Being part of the DBSTalk community means working together to help each other document issues and come up with solutions. While everyone gets upset from time to time, this is not the appropriate place for vents or rants. All off-topic posts and discussion will be deleted.

Thanks!

See less See more
#2 ·
Receiver HR20-700

Got the new FW last night.

Receiver lost the video resolution settings and the output was 480p. Enabling 1080i and 1080p was a pain because the receiver was very slow responding to the remote or was missing the keys completely.

Receiver lost TV aspect ratio; was 16:9 before update, 4:3 after.

Bringing up the list, I was informed that WH was authorized (no, it is not) and ask to assign a name to the receiver.

Not a good start for a new release.

#3 ·
I received it night before last on my HR24-500 - Not sure on speed yet because the restart nomrally speeds it up for a few days. I have noticed a sudden surge in audio trouble. Video seems normal but the audio just drops out for 2 or 3 seconds or so.

I'll check my other receivers to see how they are doing.

#4 ·
Found another bug on the HR20-700

With native off and only 1080i/p selected,
1) tune to a 720p channel
2) turn receiver and tv off
3) turn receiver on
4) turn tv on
the receiver output is 720p instead of 1080i and the image is compressed in a 4:3 AR.

Everything woks as expected if the tv is turned on first. Unfortunately, the Directv remote turns the receiver on first.

#7 ·
TheRatPatrol said:
Also, after update my HR24 couldn't see my HR20, but my HR20 could see my HR24. A reset and running network setup again on the HR24 fixed the problem.
I had a similar problem. My HR 20-100 got the update and I know the HR23-200 did not (last update in Feb) and the HR23 could not see what was recorded on the HR20. I had to reboot both of them to get to see the playlist on both.

Then my wife informs me this morning that the H24-100 in the bedroom can't see the recordings on the HR20. I don't know if the H24 got an update, was walking out the door for work.

So something with the update seems to disconnect the Whole Home connection. So I have to go around and play the reboot machine game. Which is quite annoying because it takes around 10 minutes for the receiver to be back up and running. Wife always says "Comcast doesn't take this long"

#8 ·
HR20-100 3 downloaded.
Firmware: NR 0x5c8
Report # 20120426-113E (#1), report option gone!? (#2), 20120426-14F1 (#3)
Issues:
  • Search hangs DVR.
    Search hangs with template of screen, no data. See image. PIP/PIG plays w/audio. My capture was on SonicTap, so PIP/PIG is black, but program selection is irrelevant...
    Can hang for ~3 minutes before listing program match or hangs for 5 minutes and then just drops back out to currently viewed program.
  • Chan 1000 & VOD channels, no response for 1-2 mins, with only DirecTV logo screen and PIG showing current program.
  • Can't see any HR20 playlists in D* iPad app Playlist.
    HR20s show in iPad App receiver list.
  • Pressing [Enter] while watching a program brings up the mini-guide. Pressing [Enter] additional times will not remove the mini-guide, just "bonks"... If this is supposed to be a redundant Blue button, it's broken...
  • Playlist
    • Playlist looses pointer and sort order.
      When watching a recorded program, press stop. DVR returns to Playlist with Please wait... message up. List is resorting to saved setting and jumps to top of the list instead of the show just played.
    • When changing the playlist sort order, the cursor jumps to the top of the list when done. `
  • Guide info incomplete
    14 day guide info incomplete. Varies by channel, >=12 hours missing.
  • Misc. Options menu instructions state the system default Playlist option as "Date (Newest First)". The drop down menu shows Keep Last Sort - Default. My settings were again changed to Keep Last Sort - Default. Instructions and drop down should match... See image.
  • Playlist Sort Default setting not saved.
    Every time the HR20 reboots, the setting changes to Keep Last Sort - Default, which is not even the setting default per above.
  • see through "cracks" in HD info banner
  • (#2) no SonicTap audio when in VOD.
  • (#2) Parental controls non-functional on VOD channels.
    VOD channels should behave the same as the Guide. It simply blocks the channel completely.
  • (#2) SonicTap Info screen takes focus from Unlock Now. This was fixed some time ago, but is now back.
    Info banner blocks access to UNLOCK for parental control. You must exit first, sometimes more than once.
  • (#2) Parental control looses Unlock when returning from watching a program in the playlist.
  • (#2) When changing channels inside VOD, Green button broken
    observed following:
    • tune to VOD channel, pops Unlock Now box
    • entered Unlock code, VOD channel displays
    • press Green or Red, Drops out to blue screen w/D* logo, then Unlock Now box pops, entered Unlock code.
    • VOD channel displays w/o Green icon and just bonks when you press Green.

#12 ·
dvdmth said:
No it hasn't. Version 0x5C8 was in the stream early this morning, according to the formware monitor.

http://www.redh.com/dtv/index.php?r=HR
Jon said:
Can only pray they stopped it.................:nono:
I also noticed that 0x059E was listed today during the day... I'm going to see if I can catch it to roll back, although I'm guessing it might just update to 0x5C8 again. :nono2: ... I got nothing to loose at this point.

#13 ·
jes said:
I also noticed that 0x059E was listed today during the day... I'm going to see if I can catch it to roll back, although I'm guessing it might just update to 0x5C8 again. :nono2: ... I got nothing to loose at this point.
This is how rollouts work guys. The new version is only in the stream late at night and only sent to a small amount of units. Then during the day the last release is in the stream for installers, etc. If you download during the day to go back to 0x059E you will eventually, if not that night, get 0x05C8 again.

#14 ·
HR20-100
Report:
20120426-11A7
Issue: Sound distorted. Lost Dolby surround on all channels. Soft reboot did not fix. Checked settings after reboot and found Dolby Digital turned off! Turned it back on, seems to be OK for now. Added report # after I finished watching some TV... :rolleyes:

#15 ·
I noticed last night that the software had been updated on my HR20-700. Video resolution selections messed up. Internet disconnected. I'll probably discovery more.

The cryptic release notes aren't helpful at all. What was this release supposed to fix?

#16 ·
H23
Firmware: NR 0x45c8
Reports: 20120427-22C2
Issues:
  • During boot, in SD only, I have to change to SD display. During boot process, display changes to HD, so SD output gets the Big Ugly Warning box so you can't see what's happening...
  • Screen resolution wrong on boot...
    When monitor is on HD, if tuned to SonicTap channels, the screen resolution appears to be 720p, even though the front panel indicates 1080i and the receiver is locked at 1080i. Changing to other SonicTap channels changes front panel indicator to 720p. My monitor only works at 1080i, so this generates a scrambled screen that flashes on a regular cycle. Does not lock until you change to a non SonicTap channel.
  • Pressing [Enter] while watching a program brings up the mini-guide. Pressing [Enter] once more will not remove the mini-guide... Pressing [Enter] again, toggles Autotune, once more enters Autotune dialog before exiting. If this is supposed to be a redundant Blue button, it's broken...
  • HDGUI: Music channel, blank screen on SD out.
    Pre HDGUI, when changing from an HD channel to a music channel, the music channel would stay HD and SD out would show the same as HD. Now the SD out shows a blank screen...
  • When changing the playlist sort order, the cursor jumps to the top of the list when done.

#18 ·
nickff said:
I am looking forward to your absolutely perfect DVR and software! Let me know when you release it!
We are not talking of perfection here. We are talking of basic functionality that don't get tested. This is the second NR that has major problems and the correction to the problem are nowhere in sight. This speak of lack of competence and quality control on Directv side.

#19 ·
The message that goes out over the analog video is really anoying!. Yes it is nice to know this one or two times but I run the output to my house system as an additional channel and if I try to change channels via my rf remote or do a list etc it won't work till I change resolution. My other receiver has a sling box on it and same thing, when I remote into it I can't do anything till I have someone at the house hold down the exit button. There needs to be a setting for this so we can turn off this anoying message.

#20 ·
What's even worse, if you hold down the button it doesn't just go to an SD resolution, IT UNCHECKS ALL HD RESOLUTIONS invisibly in the background so that when you want to go back, you can't, at least not without jumping through a lot of hoops.

The problem with idiot-proofing and dumbing down of UIs is that it makes it harder for those who are not idiots to use it.

Instead of the current nag screen, which says "(I'm so smart that I know that...) your cables are not HD!", how about one that says "This receiver is currently unable to display the HD On-Screen Guide and User Interface because the display/cabling does not support an HD resolution. Would you like to change the resolution to SD for right now?".

And then put two large buttons: "Yes, change to an SD resolution and allow display of the User Interface" and a "No, do not change to an SD resolution" on the screen and let us choose. Then don't display this again during attempts to FFW/RWD/SKIP, etc., and only display it again during the next two hours for attempts to access the guide or playlist. Oh, and after two hours, default the DVR back to the original resolution automatically, ferchrissakes.

How difficult was that?

Instead, DTV assumes we are all chimps and can't deal with the issue in any other way than to hold down a button.

Something along these lines would at least keep the aggravation and concurrent whining down to a dull roar.

#21 ·
TomCat said:
Instead of the current nag screen, which says "(I'm so smart that I know that...) your cables are not HD!", how about one that says "This receiver is currently unable to display the HD On-Screen Guide and User Interface because the display/cabling does not support an HD resolution. Would you like to change the resolution to SD for right now?".......
I am a little confused by your comment. I have an HR24-100 which connects to an RF-modulator via composite video and stereo audio. The coax connected SD TV displays the On-Screen Guide and all other functions at 480p. Yes, all resolutions are unchecked except 480p, but the second press of "Exit" returns all resolution previously checked.

I would like D* to remove the message if you have 480p as one of the selected Display Resolutions, and keep both HDMI, and composite video active all the time. My guess is composite video will be removed in the future.

Best wishes!

#24 ·
skyboysea said:
Receiver HR20-700

Got the new FW last night.

Receiver lost the video resolution settings and the output was 480p. Enabling 1080i and 1080p was a pain because the receiver was very slow responding to the remote or was missing the keys completely.

Receiver lost TV aspect ratio; was 16:9 before update, 4:3 after.

Bringing up the list, I was informed that WH was authorized (no, it is not) and ask to assign a name to the receiver.

Not a good start for a new release.
I experienced each of these symptoms on our HR20-700.

#26 ·
Can someone help me make sense of the dtv software update file naming conventions? Talk about confusing - How can anyone tell what version currently in the stream is "newer" by the name of the file? I have an H25-500 and according to dtv firmware watcher, they are currently pushing a file named "0x8502". What version is that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.