1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

HD DVRs, Receivers, and R22: 0x07E7, 0x047E7, 0x7EB Issues/Discussion

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by Scott Kocourek, Feb 20, 2014.

1. Scott Kocourek

Scott Kocourek Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2009
    This is the official Issues and Discussion thread for all HD DVRs, Receivers, and R22.

H2x: 0x7E7/0x47E7
    HR2x: 0x7EB

Release notes: http://www.dbstalk.com/topic/210802-hx2x-0x7e7-0x47e7-0x07eb/

We ask that you keep polite and focused within this thread, and post as much detail as possible. If your receiver is set up for network issue reporting, please post the key generated by the receiver.
    Being part of the DBSTalk community means working together to help each other document issues and come up with solutions. While everyone gets upset from time to time, this is not the appropriate place for vents or rants. All off-topic posts and discussion will be deleted.

Thanks!

2. mrmojo

mrmojo Mentor

Feb 11, 2008
    My HR21-200 was updated the other morning to 0x7EB. There is one new feature. If you select "info" on a program it will now display "other showings" rather than "view upcoming". This now displays VOD showings as well as regular airings of the selected program.

3. sbelmont

sbelmont Legend

Aug 5, 2007
    I don't like the other showings change. It makes it hard to see upcoming shows on a channel for shows that are already in syndication in numerous other channels. They should have left View Upcoming as an option also.

4. coolman302003

coolman302003 2014 NBA CHAMPIONS!

Jun 2, 2008
    Southeast
    This feature was added to the Genie DVRs a few months ago.

5. Mar 1, 2014 #5 of 31
    Church AV Guy

Church AV Guy Godfather

Jul 9, 2007
    I noticed something new. My HR21s both do this NOW, but never before. If I go to "smart search", and select "recent searches", and then select OK on a previous search string to see what may be showing, when I press BACK, that search string has now been deleted from the previous searches list. The searches should remain until I specifically delete them. Has anyone else seen this? It doesn't do this every time, but form a small sample, I'd say it was over 75% of the time.

6. Mar 1, 2014 #6 of 31
    inkahauts

inkahauts DIRECTV A-Team

Nov 13, 2006
    Recent searches only keep the last 25. I don't know why you are seeing them disappear though like that.

7. Mar 1, 2014 #7 of 31
    SledgeHammer

SledgeHammer Icon

Dec 28, 2007
    OMG, got 7EB pushed to my HR24. How did this pass testing? SOOOO BROKEN.

1) "Other Showings" instead of "View Upcoming". Why would I want to see every single possible showing of a show (including syndication, VOD, SD, etc)? "View Upcoming" only showed the same channel. Try to do this on a show with many repeats / channels and this feature is completely unusable (i.e. Pawn Stars)
    2) Can't record from "Other Showings" list... well, you can, but its broken and doesn't refresh the screen / show the icon, so you don't know if it actually took it.
    3) Half the time the "Other Showings" doesn't update the program description or shows the wrong program description
    4) Half the time the guide doesn't update the program description or shows the wrong program description

God I can't wait til my contract is up...

1 person likes this.
  8. Mar 2, 2014 #8 of 31
    inkahauts

inkahauts DIRECTV A-Team

Nov 13, 2006
    AH, I haven't seen any of the issues you are saying, and I love that it will find all shows on any channel. About dang time it did.

As for the other issue, I hadn't seen them either...When did it get pushed to you, maybe all the guide data isnt fully loaded yet?

9. Mar 2, 2014 #9 of 31
    coolman302003

Jun 2, 2008
    Southeast
    Suppose you are in the Guide or channel surfing and you see a movie on [insert any premium movie channel here], the movie is already in progress but you would like to record the next airing. Well, previously when you check View Upcoming it would only check for the next airing on that specific movie channel, where as now it will search VOD, multiple multiplexes of the premium movie channels, completely different channels etc.

Previously, you would have to take the title of the movie and use Smart Search to see multiple airings across multiple channels/VOD.

It's really a convenience feature IMO, and like it or not I believe it is here to stay moving forward especially since the Genie DVRs have had this enhancement for a while now.

10. Church AV Guy

Church AV Guy Godfather

Jul 9, 2007
    I understand that, but they shouldn't disappear unless I delete them, right?

11. peds48

peds48 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    Yep, is really a great feature. Glad is available now on the dual tuners DVRs

12. SledgeHammer

SledgeHammer Icon

Dec 28, 2007
    This is a new bug I'm seeing too. Had 25 recent searches. Was using it this morning and noticed as I used them, they disappeared. Seems like they changed the format or something. If I "re-do" them and then use them, they don't disappear. Of course, I can't create a recent search for a program that isn't airing...

13. SledgeHammer

SledgeHammer Icon

Dec 28, 2007
    Ok, that is a valid use case, but there is another one. I click on my guide on CBS 2 HD on Thursday @ 8pm and I want to view the upcoming eps of The Big Bang Theory at that time. I certainly don't want to see the 50 million syndication airings on local channels, SD versions, VOD eps. I just wanted to see the eps that are on CBS 2 HD.

14. SledgeHammer

SledgeHammer Icon

Dec 28, 2007
    I'm seeing this too. Seems like if you re-create them, they stick :nono2: .

15. SledgeHammer

SledgeHammer Icon

Dec 28, 2007
    Record from Other Shows is most definitely broken. Seems like it sometimes refreshes if you have 1 or 2 eps, but try it on a show with a lot of eps like Pawn Stars or Big Bang Theory and it doesn't refresh the screen.

16. inkahauts

inkahauts DIRECTV A-Team

Nov 13, 2006
    Not seeming this on my genie. How old are your recent searches? You could be right about them having changed some format so your old formatted ones will disappear.

17. SledgeHammer

SledgeHammer Icon

Dec 28, 2007
    I got my HR24 in Oct '13, so they were probably set up around that time.

18. peds48

peds48 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    the "rub" here is that there are not 50 million returns

19. SledgeHammer

SledgeHammer Icon

Dec 28, 2007
    Haha... try it on Pawn Stars, Big Bang Theory, Two And A Half Men, How I Met Your Mother or some other show that has "50 million" airings per 14 days. The screen will refresh the R indicators if you go into the info for an episode, but as there are "50 million" airings, when you come back to the list, they re-scan the entire guide rather then just cache what you had 1 second ago before you clicked the INFO button.

Remember, with something like Pawn Stars, there are LOTS (probably 10+) of showings EVERY day. Multiply that by 2 for the SD channels. Now throw an additional 10 - 20 VOD eps and the list is unusable. If there are 10 eps per day, that's 140 per 14 days * 2 for the SD version = 280 + 10 - 20 VOD = 300+!!!!

For something like How I Met Your Mother or Two And Half Men that's on CBS, you gets lots of showings EVERY DAY, PLUS you get all versions of the channel: CBS HD (2), CBS SD (2), CBS OTA, CBS National Feed HD (392 I believe), CBS National Feed SD, KCOP HD (syndication), KCOP SD (syndication), VOD.

20. coolman302003

Jun 2, 2008
    Southeast
    When looking at "Other Showings" for the following you listed:

Pawn Stars 76 TV Airings | 11 VOD
    How I Met Your Mother 166 TV Airings | 4 VOD
    Two and Half Men 100 TV Airings | 5 VOD

I guess it varies based on your local affiliates (for syndication etc.) for How I Met Your Mother and Two and Half Men. I do see listings from the DNS channels (389-399 channel range) included which I believe is an error/bug as they are grayed out as there channels I do not get; I do not think its normal operation for those to be appearing to be honest.