1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

HD Extra Pack FREE trial Feb 13th - Feb 19th

Discussion in 'DIRECTV General Discussion' started by directv newb, Feb 11, 2014.

1. directv newb

directv newb Mentor

Jun 24, 2012
    HD Extra Pack FREE trial Feb 13th - Feb 19th Channels 565-573 :righton:

2. codespy

codespy Packers or Bust!! DBSTalk Club

Mar 29, 2006
    Wisconsin
    Thanks for the info.

I am currently getting a free trial for 3 months, and you can get that 4 times a year.

Search option is your friend. :)

Sent from my iPad using DBSTalk

3. Billzebub

Billzebub Godfather DBSTalk Club

Jan 1, 2007
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Honestly, does anyone currently pay for the extra pack?

4. Beerstalker

Beerstalker Hall Of Fame

Feb 9, 2009
    Peoria, IL
    I was until today. I had the grandfathered Choice Xtra Classic package and it was too much of a PITA to call in and cancel it (I couldn't drop it online because I had a grandfathered package).

Today I went ahead and switched to the current Xtra package, so now I can drop and add the HD Extra package online whenever I want.

I decided that between the Xtra package being $1.50 a month cheaper and being able to drop the HD Extra package as needed was more important than the few channels I lost changing packages.

5. Billzebub

Jan 1, 2007
    Pittsburgh, PA
    i have premier and I have to call to drop anything, but I just say cancel HD Extra pack at the prompt and it does so. I then log onto my account and add it back.

6. Beerstalker

Beerstalker Hall Of Fame

Feb 9, 2009
    Peoria, IL
    That's strange that you have to call to drop it. The HD Extra pack is about the only thing you should be able to drop though. Everyone has to call to drop the other premiums like HBO, Showtime, Cinemax, Starz, but the HD Extra pack you can usually cancel on the website unless you have a grandfathered package. I know I used to be able to when I had the Premier package a few years ago.

Do you maybe have the grandfathered Premier package that came with free DVR service?

7. Billzebub

Jan 1, 2007
    Pittsburgh, PA
    No. I think Everyone with Premier has to call to drop anything. That's OK with me, every time I call to drop the sports pack or starz I get some discount to get me to stay on premier.

8. CCarncross

CCarncross Hall Of Fame

Jul 19, 2005
    Jackson
    Yes, HONEST customers do.....

9. peds48

peds48 DIRECTV A-Team DBSTalk Club

Jan 10, 2008
    NY
    Hmmm, I am a "honest" customer but yet I don't pay for the HD extra pack, heck I don't even pay for any programming.... :rotfl:

10. Billzebub

Jan 1, 2007
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Just how dumb can one person be? Do you really think Directv isn't aware that you can get the extra pack for free by canceling and re-adding it every three months? Who died and made you the guardian of morality?

11. celticpride

celticpride Icon

Sep 6, 2006
    I still dont understand why after all these years directv still charges for this package. with verizon fios most of these channels are included in our ultimate pack which also includes cinemax,showtime,epix and the movie channel for $75.00 a month. It bothers me because i want to come back to directv but my wife does not want me to pay extra for those channels. She likes palladia,smithsonian, and sony movie channel. I think in the end i come back because she dont want me to pay $1000.00 to get the tivo pro and mini with lifetime,but she also doesnt want me to start another 2 year contract either! I cant win for losing!!!

12. satcrazy

satcrazy Icon

Mar 15, 2011
    Great...
    WOW. What a deal for $75. I'd jump on that if verizon would install fios here, but that's not going to happen.

I'd stay where you're at, lucky guy.

13. WB4CS

WB4CS New Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Huntsville, AL
    I do.

Well, I added it last month and received 3 months for free. After that I plan to keep it and keep paying for it.