1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

HD GUI on new HR24?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by n3ntj, Jan 24, 2013.

1. n3ntj

n3ntj Hall Of Fame

Dec 18, 2006
    Lancaster,...
    Just got a new HR24-100 today but it has the old GUI (light blue transparent). How do I d/L the new HD GUI (black) on it??? Do I simply need to force a firmware d/L?

2. Go Beavs

Go Beavs Hall Of Fame

Nov 18, 2008
    Portland,...
    You can force it or just wait. It'll probably DL new firmware in short order.

3. acostapimps

acostapimps Hall Of Famer

Nov 5, 2011
    Illinois
    Why would you want The HD interface? as I remember with the old ui HR24 was much faster with rarely any lag, now it slowed it down a bit but still fast somewhat, but they'll push you the current update anyway, so might as well wait.

4. Mike Greer

Mike Greer Hall Of Fame

Jan 20, 2004
    Salt Lake...
    Sadly - you can't stop the update.

My 3 HR24-500s were faster before the HDGUI. Classic case of 'Careful what you wish for'.... I'd happily 'downgrade' if I could. The HDGUI took away much more than it added if you ask me... The extra screen resolution isn't even being used so really the only benefits are a color scheme change and smoother fonts. Big price for the slow-down and the loss of simultaneous HD and SD output.

5. PCampbell

PCampbell Icon

Nov 18, 2006
    My HR24-100 and HR24-500 run more then fast enough on thr HDGUI ver 062C. The older versions of the HDGUI were slower.

6. Mike Greer

Mike Greer Hall Of Fame

Jan 20, 2004
    Salt Lake...
    Mine are certainly faster than they were for first few months after the HDGUI but still not as fast as before the update.