1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HD Higher

Discussion in 'TV Show Talk' started by EaglePC, Aug 15, 2007.

1. EaglePC

EaglePC Icon

Apr 14, 2007
    ok my sanyo tv is a 32" from walmart ,please don't laugh walmart is what i can afford. i had it over a year now with my hd. sd sucks really sucks maybe i am useing a hdmi cable thats why.
    so the question is did the hd signal get better over the last 2 weeks,i did'nt do anything different. channels in the 70's and 90's look more better to me discovery hd wow!

2. harsh

harsh Beware the Attack Basset

Jun 14, 2003
    Salem, OR
    D* improved a couple of channels in the last couple weeks. Discovery HD Theatre is one of them.

3. Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon Roving Reporter Staff Member Super Moderator DBSTalk Club

Jan 7, 2005
    Kittrell, NC
    Anyone who would laugh hasn't been shopping! I've bought lots of stuff at Wal-Mart. In fact, I've found lots of cool stuff there because of folks that think they are "too cool" to shop there, so I go there to look for stuff that might be hard to find in the bigger stores.

Truth to tell, lately I shop more at Target, but that has more to do with a Super Target being very near to my house... and the "Super" Wal-Mart is on the other side of town. I do go to Sam's Club though.

I am kind of surprised that SD doesn't look good to you on a 32" set. My bedroom TV is a 32" and I find SD looks great on it... but I'm using S-video to that TV as it is a 10+ year old Toshiba still running strong!

4. EaglePC

EaglePC Icon

Apr 14, 2007
  5. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    I think it really depends on the SD channel. I do admit that the picture quality on certain ones, comedy central comes to mind, is subpar but I think that's probably how DIRECTV receives it.

6. EaglePC

EaglePC Icon

Apr 14, 2007
    yes on a HD channel its a 600.00 TV ,its is very close to the 1200.00 HD TV's
    I really think HD TV's really want the HD channels All the time