1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HD Home Yankee Games???

Discussion in 'DIRECTV HD DVR/Receiver Discussion' started by radamo, Sep 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. radamo

radamo Legend

Nov 13, 2003
    I have D* and live in NY so I get Yes as part of my regional sports package. I was told that Yes-HD carries all Yankee home games and when they play Boston and or Tampa Bay (not sure why). Many games are in fact available on channel 94 in HD... Why are some home games not shown on D* even though Yes-HD is carrying it? Seems that last night's game was shown oh Yes-HD on Cablevision.
    RA

2. cnsf

cnsf Hall Of Fame/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Jun 6, 2002
    A little off topic...I am actually considering getting HD via DirecTV, but didn't think YES HD was broadcast by DTV. Are you saying you receive the YES broadcast in HD or is it via the MLB package you get the YAnkee HD games?

My guess is that you're not watching YES HD and are getting the games via another channel. Maybe UPN HD?

UPDATED
    94 appears to be NFL Sunday Ticket in HD per the DBSTalk DirecTV Program Guide.

3. Ken H

Ken H AllStar

Nov 24, 2004
    DirecTV was providing YES in HD for Yankee home (and a few away) games. The coverage was available to those in the Yankee TV market area. For the last two weeks the HD coverage has mysteriously stopped. Speculation is that NFL ST in HD is the cause.

It was never officially announced as being available by DirecTV.

4. cnsf

cnsf Hall Of Fame/Supporter DBSTalk Gold Club

Jun 6, 2002
    Thanks for the excellent rundown!

That's what I was looking for. So, nothing in stone until new birds go up I assume.

5. DaveTinNY

DaveTinNY Legend

Nov 8, 2004
    I was upset yesterday by the fact that ESPNHD was showing the Yankee game but it was blacked out here in New York. The game was on YES' standard definition channel, 622, but not on 94. I figured 94 was blacked out due to ESPNHD carrying the game. It was a sold out game so IMO they should have broadcast it. Damned sports broadcasting red tape.

I got stuck watching it in normal def. Big bummer. I've been pretty spoiled by YES HD and now it's not there. I hope that changes. :nono2:

We don't have UPN HD yet via DirecTV. :nono:

6. CAL7

CAL7 Legend

Dec 16, 2003
    It has been spotty on Ch. 94 (sometimes the guide shows it on Ch. 95, but I can't remember if I actually received it on Ch. 95). Last night it was in the guide on Ch. 94, but not really. A few days ago, I did get it on Ch. 94.

YES's policy is all home games; and they recently announced this week's games in Baltimore and Boston would be broadcast in HD. I don't see anything that states D*'s policy.

Sometimes the description shows them as MLB Extra InnIngs, but usually it is just the standard YES broadcast. I have never been able to set an event programming, but if it is actually broadcast, I am able to record it with a manual timer for Ch. 94. The pre-game and post-game shows are (if the game is) broacast also.

In short, I don't know what D* is doing. Anybody else?

7. CAL7

CAL7 Legend

Dec 16, 2003
    Another thing.... Since early September, I have had "technical problems" with the Ch. 94 HD recording. I don't see this on any other broadcast.

In the course of a game, it will happen two to five times. When, I fast-forward, it jumps to the end of the recording, i.e. to the current live broadcast. I haven't noticed it if the recording is complete, but it is rare for me to watch a game after it has completely been recorded (I usually am watching the beginning as the game is in progress).

Anyone else see this problem?

8. Tower Guy

Tower Guy Godfather

Jul 27, 2005
    Not all stadiums are equipped with HD cameras. Fenway Park is HD capable because NESN is available in HD.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.