1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HD local sub-channels - does D* broadcast them?

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by Hansen, Sep 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hansen

Hansen Hall Of Fame

Jan 1, 2006
    I'm curious whether D* distributes the HD sub-channels that can be obtained OTA? For instance, in the Dallas/Fort Worth area, the local Fox and NBC affiliates broadcast weather radar and information (important info in this part of the country...especially during tornado season) on 4.2 and 5.2, respectively, via OTA. Does D* also distribute these local channels as part of the HD locals via satellite or do I need to continue to have OTA capabilities on my HD receivers to get these?

Thanks

2. SParker

SParker Active Member

Apr 27, 2002
    No they don't

3. tkrandall

tkrandall Hall Of Fame

Oct 3, 2003
    If you like the best available PQ, you will likely want to keep OTA anyway. It's not drastic, but my OTA PQ is better than the D* version of the local channel. Plus it's not as likely to go out due to a big thunderhead blocking the signal.

4. Hansen

Hansen Hall Of Fame

Jan 1, 2006
    Sounds to me like all good reasons to get a H20 or HR20 that have the OTA capability in contrast to the H/HR 21 product lines without OTA.

5. bkwest918

bkwest918 AllStar

Jul 10, 2007
    Not everyone can get anything OTA. I get exactly ZERO over OTA.

/b

6. SParker

SParker Active Member

Apr 27, 2002
    Plus if you have a VHF OTA channel thunderstorms with lots of lightning can mess with the signal as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.