1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

HD LOCALS Charleston, SC

Discussion in 'DIRECTV Programming' started by HDSC, Oct 29, 2012.

1. HDSC

HDSC AllStar

Jan 8, 2012
    I think our spot-beam went out at 7PM tonight. As of 8:30 still out but all other channels working fine.

2. crimpshrine

crimpshrine Legend

Aug 2, 2010
    Yep, HD locals in Greenville, NC are out too.

My wife was saying her shows weren't recording and after a few receiver reboots I figured out it was only the local channels out..:lol:

3. fwlogue

fwlogue Godfather

Dec 5, 2006
    Having the same problem in Virginia Beach, VA. Everything working except locals.

4. muohio

muohio New Member

Jul 4, 2012
    They just put up a screen saying they are working on the issue. I'm in Atlanta, GA for reference.

5. cpalmer2k

cpalmer2k New Member

May 24, 2010
    locals are still up in Greenville-Spartanburg, SC.. we must be among the lucky ones. No clue how we have a different spotbeam than Charleston, it must be an uplink center and not the bird itself.

6. Kevin F

Kevin F Hall Of Fame

May 9, 2010
    You are correct. It's an uplink center covering portions of 8 states.

Kevin

7. Mark Holtz

Mark Holtz Day Sleeper DBSTalk Club

Mar 23, 2002
    Sacramento, CA
    From Facebook:

DirecTV
    Important Alert: Due to a fiber outage customers in the markets listed below are experiencing HD channel signal issues. While we work on restoring the signals as quick as possible, please know you may still watch the SD channels in your market.

Markets include Albany NY, Atlanta GA, Baltimore MD, Bangor ME, Beaumont TX, Boston MA, Charleston SC, Charlotte NC, Florence - Myrtle Beach SC, Fort Myers FL, Gainesville FL, Greensboro NC, Greenville NC, Harrisburg PA, Hartford CT, Hattiesburg MS, Jackson MS, Jacksonville FL, Lake Charles LA, Miami FL, New York NY, Norfolk VA, Orlando FL, Philadelphia PA, Portland ME, Providence RI, Raleigh NC, Richmond VA, Savannah GA, Springfield MA, Tampa FL, West Palm Beach FL, and Wilkes Barre PA.

For continued information stay tuned to our Hurricane Sandy Channel numbers 325 and 349.

Thank you and stay safe.
    Like · · Share · 1628942 · 10 minutes ago ·

8. HDSC

HDSC AllStar

Jan 8, 2012
    Its a little easier to work on a data center than try to get a pair of plyers, screwdrivers and a hammer up to the satellite:D

9. paja

paja Godfather

Oct 22, 2006
    The affected customers MUST recieve compensation!!!!

10. Davenlr

Davenlr Geek til I die

Sep 16, 2006
    I hope that was sarcasm...

11. muohio

muohio New Member

Jul 4, 2012
    Sucks that I had to subscribe to a thread here to find that this was posted on Facebook. Nearly impossible to find anything on their site and they never put this on twitter. Would probably cut down on their tech support call volume if this was widely made known.

12. Alan Gordon

Alan Gordon Chancellor

Jun 7, 2004
    Dawson, Georgia
    The Albany, GA PBS is on the Jacksonville, FL spot-beam, and is out with the notice as well... even though there is no SD channel to switch to. ;)

13. maartena

maartena Hall Of Fame

Nov 1, 2010
    So give em a call. Let us know what you got from them.... maybe $5 off for this month and a free movie :)

14. HDSC

HDSC AllStar

Jan 8, 2012
    I am not sure why, but I did the change to duplicates for all channels. All the other channels duplicated but not the locals. We used to have a two dish setup but they disconnected it last year. FYI-All my tv's are HD so I do not know if maybe the installer knew that and just installed a single dish. I'm not mad at anyone just troubleshooting with a lot of people here that have far more knowledge. I would never try to get through to Customer service for that with all the problems they are dealing with.

15. loudo

loudo DIRECTV A-Team

Mar 24, 2005
    Central Maine
    It makes me appreciate my old HR20-700s with their OTA tuners. Didn't loose a thing with them.

16. Davenlr

Davenlr Geek til I die

Sep 16, 2006
    Same antenna will usually plug into the jack on the back of the TV and scan in the same stations. Just wont have DVR functions, but you will still be able to watch the locals.

17. HDSC

HDSC AllStar

Jan 8, 2012

Yes I have an antenna connected as you stated so I am able to watch locals. The ones living in the Sandy affected areas would love to have our minor issues.

18. loudo

loudo DIRECTV A-Team

Mar 24, 2005
    Central Maine
    True, but less switching from one input to the other, when you can just change channels. I am a less steps kind of person. :D

19. yosoyellobo

yosoyellobo Icon

Nov 1, 2006
    Jacksonville Fl
    Try in an Italian court.:)

20. smitmor

smitmor Mentor

Dec 20, 2006
    Shreveport, LA locals are dropping audio and the video is freezing up like it does during a storm -- but the skies are crystal clear. I hope the uplink problem is bleeding over to us rather than my receiver going wonky.