DBSTalk Forum banner

HD Locals: Columbia-Jefferson City, MO

4K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  dwrats_56 
#1 ·
DMA: Columbia-Jefferson City, MO
Established: 10/8/2008

#2 ·
The CBS HD feed has been occasionally clipping video, and the audio feed has been just awful. Specifically, the front right channel has been producing clipped audio that will drive anyone up a wall. I verified that this isn't a problem with the receiver or speakers that are set up with the system, as other channels (HD and SD) are producing the appropriate sound in that channel.

Specifics:

Channel: 13 (CBS)
Date: 10/12 & 10/13
Time: 7 - 9 p.m. (CST)

#3 ·
Effective today, Charleston, SC and Columbia – Jefferson City, MO have moved to a 1-dish solution.

What does that mean to you? If you have all Mpeg 4 receivers (R22, H2x or HR2x) you can remove the 72.5 dish. :)

#4 ·
KOMU, NBC channel 8, was launched today in HD on DirecTV. As part of the agreement to carry KOMU in HD, DirecTV also made some changes to their carriage of CW, channel 14. While not specifically an HD issue (CW is still SD) there is a guide problem with the new channel 14. The channel description in the guide for channel 14 is "CW television services from KOMUDT2-TV, 14, Columbia, MO." The CW is actually broadcast on KOMUDT3 so all of the guide data for channel 14 is currently wrong. It is pulling guide data for KOMUDT2 right now.

#7 ·
Was watching recorded version of Homeland Security USA recorded last Tuesday night on KMIZ on my HR20-700 and had multiple instances of no audio and/or video pixelation. We had no weather at the time so signal strength should have been fine, though I wasn't home at the time to verify it.

Have also had similar problems with KOMU displaying severe pixelation occasionally. Occurred with Chuck on 2/16 and last night during Conan O'Brien.

#10 ·
KOMU and DirecTV have been in a contract dispute for over 2 months. Any end in site?

My OTA reception is really inconsistant with KOMU, and it is the closest of all the stations to my home.

I do miss being able to record some show.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.