1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HD Locals: Elmira, NY

Discussion in 'HD Locals' started by Stuart Sweet, Dec 7, 2011.

1. Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet The Shadow Knows!

Jun 18, 2006
    DMA: Elmira, NY
    Established: December, 2011

2. cudasteelers

cudasteelers New Member

Oct 19, 2007
    I have noticed that the NBC,CBS, and ABC do not broadcast in dolby digital. Also the CW and PBS are not in HD.

3. PrinceLH

PrinceLH New Member

Feb 18, 2003
    If the weather is right, I can pick these channels up, OTA. Does the Directv feed of the NBC affiliate(WETM), broadcast in 1080i/720p? When I was picking it up, last summer, it was coming in as 480i, on RF18.

4. willis3

willis3 Godfather

Feb 2, 2007
    The CW is very dark most of the times.. some prime time shows are really bad..
    anyone else notice this?

5. willis3

willis3 Godfather

Feb 2, 2007
    I think I was spoiled by the Distant feeds... tonight CBS has a white flicking line at the top....

6. PrinceLH

PrinceLH New Member

Feb 18, 2003
    In the past, I've seen that, OTA. There is a real quality control issue at WETM. WENY always looked good, when I could pick it up.

7. cudasteelers

cudasteelers New Member

Oct 19, 2007
    Been having audio drop outs on this channel for a month and half. Have called DTV many times without any progress. The only thing I have got is showtime free and credits to my bill. I was told on Friday that it is a software issue and I was placed on the list to get an upgrade first. Now it is Wednesday and no update and trying to watch the ballgame is very hard with this problem. Any way to force an update?:mad: