1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the new DBSTalk community platform. We have recently migrated to a community platform called Xenfono and hope you will find this change to your liking. There are some differences, but for the most part, if you just post and read, that will all be the same. If you have questions, please post them in the Forum Support area. Thanks!

HD Locals: Eugene, OR

Discussion in 'HD Locals' started by Scott Kocourek, Jun 26, 2012.

1. Scott Kocourek

Scott Kocourek DIRECTV A-Team

Jun 13, 2009
    DMA: Eugene, OR
    Established: 6/20/12

2. Wisegoat

Wisegoat Icon

Aug 16, 2006
    Finally! HD Locals! No more rabbit ears!

No CW or My Network in HD, but since they are sub channels of NBC and Fox, and not in HD OTA, that was to be expected. We get every HD Local that is in the Eugene DMA, which is more than a lot of people in larger DMA's get.

At first viewing, everything looks pretty good. Actually looks better than the OTA versions, but that could just be my crappy antennas (OTA is a pain just about everywhere here, since half of the channels are in one location and the others are 130 degrees apart and there are numerous hills and trees in the way). I was told by an engineer at KEZI9 (ABC) that they are fed via Fiber (they are the DirecTV Uplink station for Eugene) and everything else is received via dedicated antennas. I did notice a little macroblocking in the pool water during the Olympic Trials on KMTR16 (NBC), but nothing I haven't seen in the OTA version. Everything looks just like it should.

3. forkball316

forkball316 Cool Member

Jan 30, 2008
    *Channel: NBC (KMTR) 16
    *Date: 11/24/12
    *Time: 10:07am
    *Problem: Picture gives an orange tint to people on screen. This has been an issue for a few months now and is not a problem on any other local channel, including the OTA signal from KMTR.

4. Wisegoat

Wisegoat Icon

Aug 16, 2006
    I have noticed this as well. Definitely a KMTR issue, as I see it on the OTA version as well. Only watch it during football and golf, so not a huge deal, but it does suck.

On a related note, I have a question on the channel line up numbering?

Why is KEVU channel 23? Why do they not show it as 34.2?

Why is KEPB channel 28 and not 29?

Why do we not get the CW (16.2) at all?

I have only lived in Eugene for 2 years, so I am just curious. I have an AM21, so I get all of the channels, but it would be nice if they were all there via satellite and with the correct channel numbers.

Any one know the reasons?